A CALL TO ACTION: HIGH PRIORITY

by Wingman 112 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

I think I would address the envelopes to "Brother" and then try to change my handwriting when adding the address. That way it looks more "mistakenly" unfinished .

Also, if you all would like to exchange address lists so that the postmarks will be from out of town, that could be good or not. Depending if you live in a small town and do not want to be suspect. Maybe there is someone near the Bethel area that will remail for us.

Also...for those of us who are not active at a KH and have no lists of MS and pioneers.....is there some central location that has that info that we can find out???

I think the letter will be wasted on all but a few elders.

And I would not bother to send letter to Bethel because they will only warn the halls.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

If this thing really takes off so that it's noticed throughout the org., I think it will probably just make them huddle together even more closely than they've done before. Sure, a few will start to think and eventually leave, and that's great in and of itself, but I think the major reaction would be that they are now 'attacked' also from within by wolves in sheep's clothing, and that this is further proof of how very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very very, very, very, very very, very, very, very very, very, very, very very, very, very, very very, very, very, very very, very, very, very close they are to Armageddon. Did I say very? Very.

But good luck.

If this is an attempt at rolling in a trojan horse with a grenade in its mouth, it might work as intended, at least to some degree. If it's an attempt at actually changing the org. from within and improve it, I highly doubt it.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Nice letter! Thanks...

I'll send it to some local jws I know and the BOE. Sending it to the regular members will hopefully get them to think and ask questions. That would give the elders some more work and explaining to do, evebtually the wts also.

Sorry about some of the replies to you, Wingman!

fts

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've not had a lot of time to visit this site lately, but found this thread intriguing. It is very similar to an idea I had several months ago and posted about on this board. It created a lot of discussion. The mods eventually delelted the thread, but I see they've been a bit kinder to this one!

What this might accomplish is what the Internet accomplished for me when I first got online - it verified that lots of other Witnesses had the same issues with the WTS and JW teachings as I did. It helped me to realize that I was not alone, that I was not just some overly critical smartass - but that what I was concerned with were serious issues that other Witnesses had similar problems with.

That is not a small thing to be overlooked!

I'm sure I have some congregation address lists, but my problem is that they are at least 10 years old and many addresses will be out of date. Any suggestions? Also, most Kingdom Halls do not have a post office address. All mail comes to one of the elders. You need the brothers' addresses, not the Halls'.

S4

• tula
    tula

Awakened...there is No way this letter could be considered an attack. It is just not worded that way at all. I think it can strike some nerves in the congregation if some of the little people get it. They will now talk among themselves and not be considered "apostates" for bringing these issues up (FREEDOM TO TALK!!!)...because after all, they are just discussing the letter. Then, hopefully, after talking among themselves (and a strong gossip chain that is!) they will begin to question the elders. They will do the work for us. And also gives them a chance to use their brains and think about something that maybe their unconscious mind never allowed to come forward.

I think this could be a very very very very good thing.

We all need some help on getting the addresses, it seems. Isn't there someone on this board with access to more info on addresses to help us???

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I live in a very small country with very few Witnesses and in a different language, but again; I wish you good luck with this, sorry if my posts seem a litte negative.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I think Tula was dead on right about NOT sending this to bethel as it will only cause them to warn the BOE's in all the halls.

Send it to individuals in the halls and the BOE's, (if they alert bethel, so be it)

It's meant for the individual,

as we all know, the governing body or any bethel overseers (or wtvr title they have)

will probably destroy it and try to squash it immediately.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Here is a link for anyone who missed this thread a few days ago. It provides a download for a similar letter distributed in 1976. Apparently it had quite an impact.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/143886/2587721/post.ashx#2587721

• skeeder
    skeeder

Can more of us volunteer to send the letter if furnished with names and addresses?

Like Tula, I think it is a great idea to try to wake up the 'little people' to start them asking questions.

S

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What makes these kind of things difficult to pull off is the fact that most people who leave the JWs have no desire to reform the system. Once the society is critically analyized there is no going back. The mormons have kept at least some level of intellectualism in their religion (even having colleges) but the JWs are even further out of the mainstream.

It's a great idea, but most who end up questioning the org eventully realize there is just to much wrong that can be changed. I'm sure I could be proven wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit