A CALL TO ACTION: HIGH PRIORITY

by Wingman 112 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no way they could be looking for input from the members. Why? First, they have cut themselves off from such. Anyone that questions the Governing Body is disfellowshipped for apostasy. They have ample resources to look at what people within the membership want. The Internet provides many forums, this one included, that they have to be monitoring (how and why else might they discontinue the Public Talk, aside the buzz on this forum about the getting home in time for the game, if in fact they do this?). There are apostate Web sites everywhere on the Internet. There are disgruntled hounders (many of whom are on this board). They try sending suggestions through the hounder-hounder, and the suggestions get thrown in the trash and the sender reproved.

That does not sound like an organization that is going to start listening to the flock. If this is in fact true and I get a form shoved in my face with space for ideas, I will simply put on it the instruction that they have broken so many promises and ruined so many lives that the only thing they could do is disband totally and not reform, ever.

Edited to update the discontinuing the Public Talk: I rechecked the thread, and all it was is that they were canceling the talk for that week. The public talks will continue, albeit in shortened form. However, they are still pushing field circus after, likely in response to people wanting to get home in time for the game. Sorry for anyone who got hopes that the borefest would have been cut.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Laughed my head off at IP-SEC! That was hilarious!!

Re:

This letter is designed to touch the hearts of honest men within the organization to effect change and stop the damage caused by the organization to so many families.

If there were so many honest men in the org they'd have left or caused a stir long before now. Nothing short of the organisation's complete and utter destruction will satisfy me so I, for one, will not be having anything to do with your toned-down letter - and I haven't even read it!

Ian

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    honest men within the organization

They have left or are in the process of doing so.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Never:

They have left or are in the process of doing so.

We're all here!

Ian

• M.J.
    M.J.

Holy @#$@ IP! A bit harsh?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Wingman, wingman, have you heard? Daddy gonna buy you a mocking bird.

Guess he's done, so what's next? Who's flippng out today?

IP_SEC will be doing the greeting at the front door.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The only change in the Watchtower Society I'm interested in seeing has to do with their very existence.

W

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I for one would have liked to see this letter, even though I don't think it would help, and even if it did help, that in itself wouldn't change much. Anyone who has read CoC or payed any attention in recent years would know this.

However, I don't think we should, in effect, kick people out like this.

Then again - if and when they have sent the letter, they'll be disfellowshipped, and will perhaps show up here again anyway.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Are cracks appearing in the fabled unity of the Borg??

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Are cracks appearing in the fabled unity of the Borg??

Just a few chasms! Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit