A CALL TO ACTION: HIGH PRIORITY

by Wingman 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Wingman
    Wingman

Once again eclipse to the rescue.

Thanks so much.

I would like to start a new thread with this letter at the top. What is IE?

• eclipse
    eclipse

IE is Internet Explorer, which comes with Windows.

I will start a new thread in your name with the letter reposted. Is it formatted correctly? any changes?

By the way, Wingman, it was my pleasure

• Wingman
    Wingman

I'll pm the letter to you.

Worked well last time.

• eclipse
  • Mary
    Mary
    Actually, aren't all the Kingdom Halls already in the Yellow Pages, at least here in the US?

Yep. Just look under "Churches" and it should have the street address.

I fail to understand the vicious attacks on here towards Wingman or the letter. I personally thought it was a damn good one and I'm certainly willing to do my part, but I'm not sure how much good it could do. If there are any radical changes, it would have to come from higher up, not the local elders. The Governing Body did not hesitate to destroy Ray's life when he protested against their hypocrisy and corruption, and he had been 'one of them!' Plus there were the countless others at Crooklyn who got the boot simply for questioning procedures.

However, I've long felt that if the 'Ray Franz incident' had happened today instead of in 1980, the fallout would have been 100 times worse. In 1980, we had virtually no way of finding out what really happened and for the most part, had to accept the unofficial word that "one of the governing body members turned apostate." Had it happened now, millions of Witnesses (no matter how 'faithful') would have clicked on the internet to find out exactly what had happened and they could have lost half their membership right then and there.

This letter that Wingman has done will not raise the hackles of 'apostasy' by those that read it. It's well thought out, and expresses the (probable) frustration that many elders secretly have. If we knew the names of some of the local elders (and even more importantly, their home address) in our area, we could send it off. No doubt, headquarters would be getting a few phonecalls about it. Therefore, the more people it's sent to, the better. I agree that sending it 'mistakenly' to other Witnesses could perhaps get the braincells working too.

• sspo
    sspo

Great letter and i hope it will make them realize it's time the shut the watchtower down and let everyone go theirn own way.

• yknot
    yknot

I like this idea, yet not just with a singular letter, but many, so as to raise suspicion of a uprising of "underground" JWs within the congregation. I think I can get more than a few from my congregation to send a copy of this letter. The elders (well some will agree with Wingman) won't know who is all involved just that is a consensus of many in the congregation.

If you are an angry EX-JW, then consider this multi-posted letter as away to drive the local elders to a paranoid frenzy of Underground uprising. They will not know whom to accuse. All you have to do is make 10 copies mailing them from your town.

Those who want to see the tower fall in shame, again join in the letter campaign. Perceived United they stand, Witchhunt Divided they will fall.

• ibme
    ibme

Besides using a local phone book, as has been suggested, to find addresses for kingdom halls:

We can also type into Google search JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES KINGDOM HALL followed by the state abbreviations such as NY, NJ, etc.

It is then possible to click on any of the cities to get addresses that a person may want to send to..

Perhaps this can broaden the audience we are trying to help.

Me don't thinkin' me talkin' too much.

Thanks

• ibme
    ibme

Two questions.

Wingman,

It looks like the draft has been scrutinized and edited.

Question one.

Should this be considered the final copy?

I think it is well thought out and addresses most of the major things

that have caused much emotional and physical harm to so many.

While most of us will never feel the same as we once did perhaps it

can benefit some in the future.

It's evident that the fleshly mind took over the spiritual mind and created

the monster 'WBTS' that we are seeing that has little regard for the R & F.

Question two.

Will there be some sort of timeline for sending these letters out?

Thanks for some direction in this matter.

IBME

• Wingman
    Wingman

Hi ibme

Please use the last letter posted by eclipse. It has the correction to w95 reference and a few improvements to grammar as kindly suggested by IT Support.

If we could get all the letters out to Bodies of Elders by the end of November that would be good.

Letters sent to individuals could be sent any time.

Overall it is up to you to decide what you wish to do. Just be sure to protect your anonymity. We would not like any to suffer adverse consequences because of this.

I understand that many on this board have been hurt so much. I personally feel responsible, having shared in disfellowshipping people and thereby breaking apart families. I know many elders and former elders feel the same. I have tried as best I can to rectify some of these mistakes. But the damage has been done.

The purpose of the letter is to highlight first of all to elders that no group or organization has the monopoly on truth. Therefore no one has the right to make judgements on an individuals relationship with God. At a Judical Committee meeting, after the accused has been informed that they will be disfellowshipped, they are asked to leave before the final prayer to conclude the meeting. The elders will not pray with them as they are now considered no part of the Christian Congregation. When an individual applies for re-instatement the elders will pray together before inviting the person to join them for the meeting. They will not pray with the disfellowshipped person. The "Elders Manual" is very specific about this. Jehovah's relationship with them is severed according to the organization. NO GROUP OF MEN SHOULD BE IN A POSITION TO MAKE THIS JUDGEMENT. The organization through Bodies of Elders has presumed the position of God. No group of men on earth has more power over peoples lives. Power to tear apart families and break life long friendships. For this I and many others are deeply ashamed.

If you believe this letter may have an effect please send as many as you can.

Wingman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit