My Dating horror= You can't have coffee at the mall without a chaperon???

by Witness 007 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If 2 people want to have sex nothing can stop them from planning it. You cant chaperon someone 24/7 till the wedding.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

This is truly one of the most ridiculous rules that the society ever imposed on it's followers.

One Sunday, after FS, my family had a bethalite brother for lunch and then proceeded to the meeting thereafter. He travelled with us in our car and somehow sat with our family at the meeting... somehow, I landed up sitting next to him. After the meeting, countless people approached myself, him and my parents and asked if we were courting! I was all of 15 and he must have been in his early 30's... WTF?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The more I read these experiences, the madder I get.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My mum was insane about chaperoning. I had to hang out with my sister and her bloke for FOUR YEARS. They didn't have a conversation alone until they got married. It must have been very strict where I was, I remember one couple who had to take a drive down the freeway for some errand for about ten minutes, they arranged for somebody to follow them to the freeway entry and for somebody to tail them from the freeway exit to wherever they were going.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I don't think that was particularly strict Sass, those kind of arrangement were not unheard of here too!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I have observed having been a single bro up until age 33 (1992) when I left ...that elders and MS who are stuck in their own unhappy marriages go ape s**t with jealousy thinking that I might get a better piece of a## then them and will stir up trouble.

My story is unique only because I was so physically sick My repressed sex life in the Jehovah's Witnesses True story,i couldn't have made this up guys.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

The elders have annoying pain in the ass wives and need to find their jollies somewhere, hence all the nitpicking of others and especially those who are dating, if they can't have any fun, no one can.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The last time I went to a district convention I took a young brother with me, I think I was 20 and he was 18. I had no romantic ideas about him, he just told me he needed a ride and I didn't question him about it. Went we got to the Cow Palace I saw my mother's elder cousin (by marriage) and his wife and brood. Said hi, introduced the young brother then we went inside and found some seats. Yep, we sat together the whole day, I don't remember eating lunch with him but I think I did. Later on when I got home my mother got a call from the cousin, asking if I was going to marry the young brother.

Josie

• R.F.
    R.F.

Dating within the world of JWs is an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!

So much stress and strain was put on my relationship with my ex-fiancee by the rest of the congregation. With me then being a MS and Pioneer, I did my best to be extra cautious so I wouldn't "stumble" someone. There was one big fiasco that took place when she stayed with my parents and I at my grandmother's house when we had an out of town assembly. Also, an elder chewed me out because I took her to a Dr's appointment when she was sick and had no other way to the hospital. I guess they thought we'd have sex between the times she's taking medications.

We did alot of plotting and planning around EVERYTHING we did so that no one could potentially get the wrong idea about us. This caused alot of unneccessary trouble for us.

I don't even consider this dating.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

When I was dating my now husband, we were both young- around 16. Nobody chaperoned us. They thought we were too young to date and decided they would boycott chaperoning us. So we continuted dating without a chaperone for over a year. Then we got engaged and about 5 months before our wedding we had sex. At that point we had been together for a year and a half. Had nothing to do with not being chaperoned- hell, we had "restrained" ourselves for a year and a half sans chaperones! We were both just ready to go to the next level and thought it was stupid to wait until after we were actually married since we were going down that road anyways.

We ended up getting d/f because I think about 3 months before our wedding our "guilt" got the best of us and we confessed and thus ensued the most digrading Judicial Committee meeting ever- We got DF'd and ended up having a small wedding (which we wanted initially in the first place since 3/4 of those JW's my parents wanted to invite didn't approve anyways).

Our only regret was that we took the steps needed to get reinstated. That was 8 years ago. Live and Learn I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit