My Dating horror= You can't have coffee at the mall without a chaperon???

by Witness 007 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    We switched to meeting in public places or at gatherings. We always arrived in separate cars
    and left that way.

What pressure is placed on dating couples in JW-Land! Everything imaginable is dictated for them, their choice is non-existent. Even the length of the engagement is "recommended" by the society ... sheesh! No wonder these marriages don't last. Thank God I never had to go through all this crap.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The org is very good at moralising and imposing burdens on their members' shoulders but its behaviour is not moral at all.

If a couple wishes they can always find a time and a place to do things without anyone knowing so chaperones are pointless. Perhaps in the past, at least women, were under constant supervision but not nowadays.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

got one better for ya.......... my sister was introduced to a brother........ nice guy mind you. spoke another language........... sis didnt........ always chaperoned......... but they kissed outside right before he would leave.

elders told her they HAD to get engaged or they would be sending the wrong signals........... so they got engaged.

hes still a nice guy but they totally didnt know each other when they got married. he didnt know about her serious health problems and she didnt know he had pretty bad ocd........ and they still couldnt converse properly.

definately starting a marriage out on the wrong foot..... and they have no choice but to stay together so they just deal.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

How about when you're in the shower? You're completely alone with yourself, naked and soapy - you might masturbate.
    What do you mean 'might' ?
    You know you are going to hell, don't you?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    After the meeting we were "invited" into the back room and told by the elders in no uncertain terms that it was improper for us to sit beside each other at the Kingdom Hall unless we were married or engaged to be married.

I'd demand scriptural support.

(Deuterohockey 22:23-24) 23 “In case there happened to be a virgin girl not engaged to a man, and a man actually found her in the temple and sat down with her, 24 YOU must also bring them both out to the gate of that city and pelt them with stones, and they must die, the girl for the reason that she did not move to another seat, and the man for the reason that he humiliated the daughter of his fellowman. So you must clear away what is evil from your midst."

Lore - What.Would.Satan.Do?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

bizzybee - I like this: "That sister felt that she had a perfect right, conferred upon her by the WTS, to question our intentions. She is dead now."

made me laugh out loud. A fate those busybodies richly deserve.

• ness
    ness

ugh, i remember all this bickering and gossip. its so pathetically sad innit?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Balsam:

My ex-sister in law was in her late 30's when she started her husband.

Is that the same thing as 'turned him on'? Maybe that was the problem. ;)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Perhaps they should have sent a chaperone to monitor my computer activity. That way, I wouldn't have been able to do the one thing that's even worse than fornication--that is apostasy. Seems they can keep people from being romantic and developing the bonds necessary to make marriage work properly, but they cannot chaperone my computer use without putting spyware in my computer (and let me catch them doing that, and they are in for a heap of trouble!).

The message to the Watchtower leaders, hounders, and hounder-hounders in my area: You axxholes stopped me from meeting the opposite sex just so you could steal me and send me to the next Nigeria and get other countries in Africa to get upwards of 500,000 BibleWatchtower book studies going, without worrying about kids. But you were not successful in stopping me from posting apostate blogs and posts on forums, some of which are not even necessary to register for. While your ridiculous rules and applications of rules stopped me from doing fornication, since I can't do fornication, I only do apostasy. And no chaperones (aside spyware which will get reported and quarantined) can stop me from doing apostasy.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Jehovah's Witnesses have a strange, almost perverted interest in the lives of those in their congregation. I have never met a more outrageous, gossipy set of fuds in my entire life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit