Brother Prince

by The-Borg 67 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I went to see Prince in concert at the O2 in London last week. I didn't really want to go, he's not my thing but my wife wanted to see him so I went along for the ride. He is actually an extremely talented guitarist and pianist and he can sing too. Quite impressive but still not my thing. There was no mention of Jehovah or Witnesses but he did say something about following God and the bible.

A friend we went with, an ex witness related this story to me. - Prince came to the London Twickenham district assembly this year while staying in London for his concerts. He arrived in a powder blue suit with high heels and 2 bodyguards. He sat in 'Admin' which is the societies misleading title for the VIP section, the chairmans office where the bethel big wigs and zone overseers sit. I've been up there with my ex father in law the bethel doctor brother ............ There are comfy sofas, tea and coffee making and kitchen facilities, carpets and a huge glass window with great views. You can't enter without a pass. There are two brothers by the lift and by the door to stop the riff raff getting in. But how did Prince get access? It reminds me of the lesson that Jesus gave about giving priveleges to those with money or status. It seems that some in bethel are just as star struck as those they condemn in the world.

Isn't religion great.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ahh, come on, they were all hoping he would rip into an impromptu performance of Kiss or Little Red Corvette. Even bethelites like to get their groove on right?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Possible/probable justification:

(as an event planner/manager, I have to admit that they have a point)

It causes less trouble if he is secluded, than if he is like a "regular guy." There would be a mob scene if he walked the floor.

• avengers
    avengers

Hey The-Borg, are you still part of the Collective. lol, Andy

• shell69
    shell69

hey what about a bit of 'get on'!!! omg that'd make their eyes water! Shell

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They recruited Bro. Prince because he was already spouting off about
    the destruction in the 20th Century:

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
    Forgive me if it goes astray

But when I woke up this mornin'
    Coulda sworn it was judgment day

The sky was all purple
    There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' 2 run from the destruction
    U know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say two thousand zero zero party over
    Oops out of time
    So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

• Sassy
    Sassy

reminds me of when JT talked about the preferencial seating...

this is a clip where he mentions it in his profile:

started working in the Chairman's office at 30 I was one of the youngest guys up in the "SKYBOX" While all the friends sat on hard seats in Richmond and the Capital Center in MD for the convention my wife and I was up in the Skyboxes with AC chilling out While other friends could not get a cool drink of water at their seats We had a MS who would run down to the food stands and bring us up our food and drink, which we enjoyed thruout the ENTIRE program My wife never stood in line to use the bathroom we had one in our skybox

I've got friends who love Prince. A good friend of mine I work with, saw him in Vegas and loved the concert.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    It causes less trouble if he is secluded, than if he is like a "regular guy." There would be a mob scene if he walked the floor.

You mean witnesses would practice idolatry and mob Prince? No way....

• freeme
    freeme
    You mean witnesses would practice idolatry and mob Prince? No way....

you know the excuse yourself im sure! its not because of the witnesses. its because of the assemblies are open to the public so there might be worldy scam who could practive idolatry! and because brother prince dont wanna make it more difficult for his brothers and sisters.

tststs... ;)

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I read somewhere before that he "went back" because it was his dying mother's wish, anybody know if this is true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit