Sharpton and Jackson at it again - Jenna 6 - bidness as usual

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    The next statement I am going to say may upset some on this board: but if you are not black, you have absolutely no idea of the emotional and mental torment blacks have been going through for decades in this country because of racism. Yes, you may sympathize and emphasize, but you as a non-black cannot know how blacks really feel.

I'll agree. Nothing replaces experience. However, the same can be said for whites. Blacks can not understand how being white feels, how we're expected to be racists in everything we do or say because of our color. One can make an innocent, innocuous statement, and instantly have their entire beliefs labled, questioned, and ridiculed.

The issue then, is not about completely understanding--the issue is whether we treat others with respect. Would you agree?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I think the authorities are handling the case very well.

Funny thing: If some blacks hung up nooses and 6 whites beat up a black ,

Sharpton and Jackson would still be there.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    One can make an innocent, innocuous statement, and instantly have their entire beliefs labled, questioned, and ridiculed.

The issue then, is not about completely understanding--the issue is whether we treat others with respect. Would you agree?

I definitely agree. This respect for all people should be taught from infancy (how about that for WTS speak). I taught my two children - and I'm teaching my seven grandchildren - to treat others always as you want to be treated. This is a time-tested and time-honored recipe for good inter/intra-racial relations.

You don't have to understand someone totally in order to render that person due respect. Just do the respect thing and perhaps the understanding will come later. If it doesn't, then either way there is no love lost.

Sylvia

• oompa
    oompa

Just read on AP. The jury that convicted the one in jail, was all white as we know. It explained that the town is only 10% black and that no blacks showed up that day for jury duty that were called & The attack on the white guy had zero to do with the nooses in the tree.

My obvs. ---and by the way Nancy Grace kept calling it a "fight"!!!!! The guy was knocked out, and THEN beaten----no fight. And is ropes in a tree a crime, or expression of free speach? Do not agree with it by the way.

crimes should be punished.....oompa

• freyd
    freyd

IMHO, They are what Rutherford and Johnson were to Russell.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I so agree, which means that if I am confronted by someone who disrespects me because of my skin color they will receive no respect from me and I will have nothing else to do with them. I am at all times respectful of anyone regardless of color, color is not an issue me and I teach my kids to be likewise. The only thing I can control is my actions.

Blacks can not understand how being white feels, how we're expected to be racists in everything we do or say because of our color

Please stop the broad statements! Not all blacks feel this way, I certainly don't, neither do my husband or my sister or my brother. I do know of some blacks (some are family and some are friends) who do feel that way and I think that attitude has stunted and trapped them. The only time I think a white person is racist is if they have given me a reason to think so. I've been living in my mostly white town for almost 5 years now, haven't met a white racist yet nor has any white person given me a reason to think that they are...and I'm not even on the look out for it.

Josie

• Ri
    Ri

There is more to the story than the media can reveal about Mychal Bell. However the people who know are now having a heated disccusion on the chat board of "The Alexandria town talk" Here is the link if anyone wants to chime in on their discussion. http://forums.thetowntalk.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=8a74ec930dd10660199e021236400bec

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes, definitely.

When I meet a white person or any other person for that matter, I do not think in my mind and heart that they are racist just because of their color.

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and by associating, communicating, etc. I can make a determination.

But not all whites are prejudice and not all blacks are prejudice.

It's unfortunate that the status quo establishment is still prejudice and that's who runs this county.

Ronin1

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If someone was beaten to a pulp because of it, they had it coming.

Bull-feathers.

It's unfortunate that the status quo establishment is still prejudice and that's who runs this county.

Bull-feathers.

The irresponsibility of these quotes is only exceeded by their meaninglessness.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes, this happened in NJ to my girlfriend and her husband.

They are upper middle class blacks doing very well financially and living in a predominately white area.

They were stopped on various occasions by police because they drive a nice car and the police tried to say they were speeding.

My girlfriend, (who is a black panther wanna be (laugh) let them know they would file a discrimination lawsuit against the police department in their town if they did not stop this harrassment. The last episode she and her husband demanded the police chief come to the scene and advised them accordingly. The police chief apologized for the police officers' actions.

Yes, this kind of stuff is still happening in this country. It seems that many white people complain about minorities being poor and using the social services systems to live off. But then when some blacks work hard and make ends meets and finally have a little financial freedom, they are penalized and acted discriminatory against-" like you are black-you are not supposed to be able to afford a nice car or live in a nice area, etc". ITs a too-edged sword.

Yes, I too worry for my grandson's future and how they will be treated by all persons, but especially white America.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit