Sharpton and Jackson at it again - Jenna 6 - bidness as usual

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

These two opportunists (there is no other word) have set race relations in the US back 100 years. If only they had teamed up to encourage and facilitate education and job opportunities for their constituents as vigorously as they have advocated on behalf of casual and career criminals - we'd have a better outcome for all concerned.

• karvel
    karvel

funny how when i open this thread the intelli-ads are offering free ann coulter newsletters.

• ronin1
    ronin1

You need to read all the news articles about this situation in Jena and know the complete and full story................ on both sides.

The things that happened and are happening in Jena are very serious and have affected many persons lives.

Ronin1

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

bizzy bee I 100% aggree with you.

encourage and facilitate education and job opportunities

No money or noteriety in doing the above vs. what they do now.

I like to think of what would be happening right now if the roles were reversed in Jena. ha

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't know that the Jena 6 were casual and career crimminals...I thought they were high school students.

I have a sinking feeling that you may be equating their blackness with thugness. Newflash: Not all black men are thugs. My husband is not a thug and nor are my three boys.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    These two opportunists (there is no other word) have set race relations in the US back 100 years. If only they had teamed up to encourage and facilitate education and job opportunities for their constituents as vigorously as they have advocated on behalf of casual and career criminals - we'd have a better outcome for all concerned.

What are the names of the casual and career criminals you are referring to?

What makes you think they haven't encouraged and facilitated education and job opportunities for 'their constituents'?

Why do you label these two men 'opportunists'?

Have you ever lived in the South?

Do you know the history of what happened here in the 1950's and 60's?

Do feel that justice should transcend racial, language, economic and social barriers?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am sorry ladies and gentlemen, but the issue here is a legitimate discrimination. I suggest you look beyond your personal views against Jackson and Sharpton. I am not some bleeding heart liberal either. THis case has merit despite the two poverty pimps' showing up to whore for the camera.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is my ideal resolution. FORGIVENESS.

All the boys in this situation are in the wrong!

I understand the attempted murder charge, 6 vs 1 is a serious matter. But in light that we are dealing with juveniles I think it is not in the best interest of the community at large.

Nooses being hung is unacceptable, meanspirited, and wrong. Expulsion would have been appropriate.

Have the boys and their parents meet and forgive, accept responsiblity for each act. ( I do thing that the parents of the 6 should be responsible for the medical bills)

Overall though at fault is the adults in the community for fostering or allowing intolerance to breed.

Instead of media hounds like Sharpton and Jackson have Bill Clinton come and start the healling.

Have him do a school assembly, with real question and answers. Give the students a voice.

Use this as a platform to bring Jena into the 21st Century

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*claps hand* Now that sounds like a very good plan yknot.

Oh and I so agree that both groups were wrong and that these kids were acting out attitudes that they learn from their parents and other adults of the community.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Before I comment, I am NOT prejudice. Some of my best friends throughout life have been Black, Latino (first girlfriend-she was a cutie), Asian, etc... So clearly, I am not prejudice. Now onto the subject at hand. Yes, Sharpton and Jackson seem to only show up the parties where there's some white bashing to be done. I haven't read the story, so I'm not qualified to speak about this particular instance, but....they always seem to come to the party when there's some racial spin to be made.

The story is always, "lets point the finger at the white guy". It's ridiculous, what Sharpton and Jackson are doing to the Black commuity. They're actually showing the nation how insignicant they really are. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't want those idiots representing me this way if I were Black, they're just a couple of windbags, who listens to them anyway? All they know how to do is stir the pot, regardless of the outcome, good or bad.

To all those of you that are Black, I love ya, but Sharpton and Jackson aren't doing the Black community any favors. On the other hand, I've seen it the way most do, the Black commuity, the Hispanic community, the Asian community. We're all the HUMAN community regardless of skin color.

On a side note, I recently received a call from a Black man that was soliticing my business. I realized that he was scamming me and played along with his ploy, once he realized on was onto him, he hung up on me before I could get his name. Well...thank's to caller ID, I called him back. When the call was answered it was another voice, the man said, "who would you like to speak with?" I said, "Please don't be offended, I'm not sure, but he had the voice of a Black man", and the guy said, " I'm a Black man, how do you know it's not me?". I said, "Because he had a very distinct drawl that is common to the Black race, like Texans have a drawl, that is the only way I can describe him, please don't be offended". He started lauging, and said, that he wasn't offended, but it was the kind of laugh where you could tell he was. It was in the tone of his voice in the ensuing conversation trying to find the guy that hung up on me.

By the way, I know the company, it was a small compnay, and I know the guy was there, he just didn't have the balls to pick up the phone and apologize for hanging up on me (of course he wouldn't he was scamming me). Upon finishing the call, I asked the guy if I could ask him a serious question, he said, "sure". I said, "why is it that Black men can call each other Nigga, but a white guy can't even think of the word, much less say it?" His reply was, "You a white guy right?" I said, "Yes". He said, "It's like two white guys calling each other Cracker, it's cool between them, isn't it?" I said, "No, I never call my friends Cracker when I greet them, I call them by their first name or Hello Mr. So and So." He hung up on me too. Go figure.

BP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit