Sharpton and Jackson at it again - Jenna 6 - bidness as usual

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest jw friends

• ronin1
    ronin1

Since we do not know all the details regarding the previous crimes Michael Bell was charged with (being it is the deep prejudicial south), I would not venture to call him a career crimminal.

Also, many of the white boys in this town started fights with the black boys, pulled guns on them, and nothing was done. It was washed underneath the table by the town and the DA.

Ronin1

• free2beme
    free2beme

Personally, put the black kids in jail and I would be happy. From what I read, they are terrible people with huge criminal backgrounds. Black or white, crap is crap.

• ronin1
    ronin1

If you think the noose incident had nothing to do with the fights that broke out , you are living in a 'fishbowl'.

It had everything to so with the tension that built up in this town to the point of the final fight that led to these boys arrests.

Where have you been all these years, in this country, with all the racial tension in the south because of blacks being hung, raped, killed, etc by whites because of the color of their skin,etc.?

Ronin1

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's a mess any way you look at it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We're out-numbered on this board and in the country. I realized that a long time ago. There are a bunch of haters on this board. As for the statement about "liking Martin Luther King", if Martin Luther King showed up at the march, you'd consider him the same as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Anyone that takes a stand for the Black race would be considered the same as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. You know who the haters are by there comments. They are the ones that think the world would be a paradise if there were no Black people, they think that there is no White crime, they feel that White children that commit crimes when they are young are just kids being kids or "boys will be boys", they don't understand that Black youth aren't given the benefit of the doubt, they don't understand that White kids are let off for fighting in school while the Black youth are not (therefore having a criminal record). . .they just call it ADD or ADHD. . .

Ask any cop about who is more likely to shoot them? A Black man or a White man?

Have you seen the shows where there was White on White crime? The people ways say "if it had been a Black man that did this he would be in jail".

It is an amazing fact that those who take a calm and thoughtful approach to issues of race, but who do not yell "racist" at every opportunity, are lumped in with the ignorant, snaggle-toothed, wild-eyed, in-bred, lynch mob-mentality of a tiny minority from the 20's and 30's. This condemnation feels quite as frustrating and offensive to me as the sterotypical 'black thug' label must feel to a black person - or am I, as a 'privileged' white person not allowed to feel this same frustration? Until this insulting, double-standard, knee-jerk response is resolved on the part of thoughtful black people, I despair for the future of this country. And Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, whose tactics put the average carnival huckster to shame, will have blood on their heads. Wake up. Allowing black youth a free pass to beat up anyone or each other is not the answer. Nor is allowing the kids who hung the nooses a free pass. The problem (?) was that no one was injured nor was property damaged - and they were, basically, too young to be prosecuted for a hate crime. Ironically, the same sanctions served the black youth - 5 out of the 6 were too young to be tried as adults for their murderous assault. Making special allowances for deviant, criminal behavior serves no one, least of all the youth, black or white. Otherwise, we have wholesale mayhem and chaos in the streets - oh! wait - maybe we already do.
  • John Doe
    John Doe

I just read somewhere that the nooses were used in the tree every year as part of a pep rally. I admit I don't know much about this story--has anyone else heard anything about that?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My dad used to beat me if he heard I got into a fight, no matter who was right.

where's the parenting and supervision................ some parents should not have kids

two wrongs dont make a right.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Personally, put the black kids in jail and I would be happy. From what I read, they are terrible people with huge criminal backgrounds. Black or white, crap is crap.

And the White kids? What is to be done with them? Give them a slap on the wrist and carte blanche to do the noose incident - or worse - again?

I admit I don't know the whole story - does/will anyone ever know? - and in keeping with Proverbs 18:13, I try not to make any dogmatic statements. But I do know this: there is a double standard of "justice" for Blacks and Whites in this country. That is something we all know.

Until every case of wrongdoing by Blacks is treated the same as wrongdoing by Whites, we are going to continue to witness situations such as the one in Jena.

Sylvia

• ronin1
    ronin1

Snowbird:

You are correct.

Another incident that happened in Jena was that there were some black boys together at a gas station or convenience store.

The story goes like this: a white boy drive up and said that he felt threatened by the black boys. So what does he do? He gets back into his vehicle, goes home and returns with a shotgun at the black boys. To protect themselves, the black boys wrestled the gun away from this white boy. The justice: the black boys got arrested for stealing the gun and the white boy was let go.

Note: If you see a group of persons, no matter of what race and you feel threatened by them, why would you return with a gun? Just leave and do not come back. This white boy's story was full of crap. The whites in these deep south towns and also all across this country do not get punished like blacks. There is too much racial injustice in this country, period.

The problem with the Jena 6 is that they were arrested as adults when minors and this was a fight instigated by this white boy and other white youths in Jena. That is why the court turned over the adult conviction of Michael Bell.He should have been tried as a minor.

These are the type of incidents that have been going on in Jena for decades and and it must stop.I

I do not care who had to speak out- Jackson , Sharpton, etc. At least they are trying to help the blacks and get things done.

I was born and raised in this country as an African American and had my share of being prejudiced against when my brothers and sisters and I went to school in a white neighborhood in Floral Park, Queens, NY years ago. (yet they welcome the Middle Eastern families and kids with open arms and treated us blacks like dirt). The white kids would chase us with chains and sticks down the hill to the bus stop. Every day we had to watch our backs and look to see if any white kids were at the bus stop or coming down the hill. This was in NYC in the late 1969's-early 1970s'. It was terrible. To have to try to get a decent education under those conditions.

A black goes to apply for a job and is just as qualified as any other person, white, etc. Yes, he gets the job but not at the salary range a white person with the same qualifications would have received. This is the type of racial crap going on in this country for years..............it must stop.!

The next statement I am going to say may upset some on this board: but if you are not black, you have absolutely no idea of the emotional and mental torment blacks have been going through for decades in this country because of racism. Yes, you may sympathize and emphasize, but you as a non-black cannot know how blacks really feel.

I cannot speak for other non-white races in this country, but being an African-American I can tell you we are tired............of this racism. My parents worked very hard to raise us not to be racists because of what they went through and their parents when through in this country. I worked hard to raise my daughter (now 28 years old, not to be a racist and she is now working hard to raise her two boys, 2 and 5, not to be racist). If all generations worked hard to raise their children not to be racist, we would not have had this problem in Jena. It is obvious by the noose hanging on the tree by white youths they got that type of attitude from their parents or peers. It must stop.

Ronin1

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    but if you are not black, you have absolutely no idea of the emotional and mental torment blacks have been going through for decades in this country because of racism. Yes, you may sympathize and emphasize, but you as a non-black cannot know how blacks really feel.

Yeah, how can you get over something that you have no control over and keeps happening?

I am a black mother of 4 black children in a mostly white town. So far so good my children have not experienced racism but I know it's coming and I'm trying to prepare them.

Isn't that sad that I have to prewarn my children that they will be judged not on the quality of their character but on the color of their skin which is no fault of their own?

I'm am so afraid for my boys as they approach manhood and how they will be judged to be ebonic speaking (no they don't speak it), violent, drug selling thugs even if they are wearing three piece suits and will be pulled over and harassed by the police simply because they were driving black and they must be doing something wrong or must have a crimminal record (don't tell me this doesn't happen - it did twice to my husband in California, went as far as the police putting my husband in a holding cell and threaten with being held for several days while the cops tried to find his crimminal record - my husband has none).

Sorry folks but this crap still happens in this enlighten age of the 21th century and hiding your heads in the sand doesn't help you or my children.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit