I walked off the job today....

by Terry 103 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Part of your brain is looking out for the rest of you.

Listen to it.

Peace!

• eclipse
    eclipse

Terry,

I agree with nvr's diagnosis...

I think you should have a better outlet for your intelligence...

you should be teaching at university or doing something that is much more mentally challenging and stimulating.

Definitely check with a professional about your state of mind.

I shall not embarass you with any outward demonstration of mushyness

just letting you know how much I and others here on JWD care about you, and respect you.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The "paralysis" feelings you have experienced are absolutely a clear sign of depression. Some people are prone to it, it is organic, it has to do with brain chemistry. I will be surprised if you are not given a prescription for an SRI. If so, give it a chance.

Speaking from experience.

• Clam
    Clam

Hi Terry

Sounds like some subliminal fight or flight issue. Hope you get the necessary help and direction as soon as possible.

You take care of yourself and don't get too anxious.

Clam

• oompa
    oompa

Terry, So sorry to hear this, you must be having a really tought time. It is great your manager is so understanding. If you have worked there very long and want to go back I bet you could. Home someone can help. For me, right now Cymbalta and adding in Wellbutrin seem to be helping (no more booze hasn't hurt either).

good luck and best wishes, oompa

• Gregor
    Gregor

Oompa, isn't there anything they can do for your eyes?

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

(((Terry)))

• Clam
    Clam
    Oompa, isn't there anything they can do for your eyes?

LOL He should tryYoga!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I am so sorry you are going through this Terry. My heart goes out to you

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Terry,

I heard a great line from a film years ago... and it has stuck with me:

"Trapped in the inner circle of thought"

Sometimes, in order to get "untrapped", some of the simple things in life "give". As they are easier to "escape from".

This can be the routine of work, a simple trip to the supermarket or miriad other things that seem easy.

Maybe that fits you, maybe it doesn't - we all know our own "journey"... but I thought that I'd share it.

I hope all goes well with your appointment. You have loads of people on here that wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit