Whats the funniest thing you've ever seen happen in the KH?

by shell69 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• shell69
    shell69

I remember being a kid and we didnt have the fancy fabric seats, they were plastic stackable chairs all set out in the usual lines.

An elderly bro, rather rotund, farted, the noise so loud and thundering against the plastic seat!

Or the time when I must have been about 7, My dad brought his bible study family to their first ever meeting, I had to sit on mums knee. I recall giving the daughter of the new family a very vigorous V sign during the meeting. Well OMG, my6 mother freaked! I got such a smack.

I swear guys, I was just a little nipper, I didn't know what it meant!

Shell

• Quandary
    Quandary

Sorry, but lately I find that NOTHING amuses me about the KH! In fact, just about everything having to do with KH is quite nauseating.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I saw a skit at the Service Meeting where a brother from the other congregation was dressed as Satan, red horns, pitchfork and all. He was trying to "convince" us to do small things that were "wrong" but really shouldn't matter, like miss your study, miss some service, miss a meeting, etc. He "knew" he couldn't get anybody to just get up and leave "the truth", but he just wanted to get you to do small things to gradually take you away.

The brother who portrayed the Devil became apostate a couple or 3 years later. I kid you not.

• Mum
    Mum

A brother giving the final prayer said, "and forgive us our fallin' shorts."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't really think of anything funny. Maybe if it weren't true, the sad stuff could
    be viewed as funny.

There was the time the C.O. stood up there on the platform and went into a
    stand-up comic routine- oh wait, that was his regular talk- never mind.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    A brother giving the final prayer said, "and forgive us our fallin' shorts."

Mum, you actually SAW that? Where I live in Minnesota, about 20 years ago I heard this. I was sure it was an urban legend -- like the WT conductor who allegedly called on "Sister Payne in the rear".

• Mum
    Mum

Yes, Gopher, in SE Kentucky people are simpler. I can't remember the name of the bro., but I can picture him in my mind.

• oompa
    oompa

My wife, hot booty33 returned from the ladies room with the entire rear of her skirt stuffed in her panthose and headed down the aisle to the second row from the front. A huge elder dude nearly tackled her and dragged her to the back of the hall.

big laughs....oompa

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I went to the bookstudy Tuesday night at this brother's house and behind the couch he had put of a big banner that said: PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR KIDS PISS ON THE COUCH!.

At the Sunday meeting one time the person reading the Watchtower summary after the questions went to sleep between paragraphs and fell off the edge of the platform.

And one little brother giving his first student talk, stopped right in the middle and went to the bathroom, returning and finishing his talk.

I remember my first talk where my cousin stood at the back of the hall and was holding up a sign that said 'ZIPPER'!

I'm sure there was other stuff but this is all that comes to mind right now.

Outaservice

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

shell69

The Book Study conductor(who was around 80 years old) was looking for hands to answer one of the questions. His wife was the only hand that was raised. He forgot her first name. She said,"Come on,what is my name?" We couldn't stop laughing. He finally remembered her name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit