What Do You Do for Work / Career?

by BlackPearl 155 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

bike courier. da dopest job EVAH!! ha!

peace,

tetra

ps: i'm not in the pic. these are couriers from chicago.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I make money..........in fact.........I made BIG money when I had a sideline printing business in the early 1980's.

The money I made was so BIG ( about 3/8 of an inch too big) that the Feds arrested me for counterfitting and thus ended my career of making BIG money.

Anyhow..........when I had that sideline.......I thought of making fake bills but didn't have the plates to do it. Back then........there was no computer and scanner enhancement.

Seriously now..............I am a retired machinist, mechanical repairman, expediter, job estimator/planner (all thiese jobs were grouped into one where I worked.............which is now called multitasking) and worked for United States Steel.

Now I am a private consultant/contractor working for the same company.......in the same plant..........in the same shop...........in the same office............doing inventory control that was not done since my retirement.........and they wanted me to come back for 4 months to take care of it..............and as of now.........I've been there for 1 year as of Sept. with no end in sight. (HEY..........THEY CALLED ME FOR THE JOB) I'm not complaining though..........the money is good.........and since I have it all under control and they love me.........I've read 28 books so far this year while sitting there........and solved hundreds of crossword puzzles too.

If it is their wish..........I will do this until January of 2009 when I can get Social Security and then I quit.

HappyDad

• horrible life
    horrible life

I make sure your teeth are bright and shiny, and your gum tissue is pink and pretty. If you have unhealthy gums, hang on to the chair. Gas is extra $$.

Dental Hygienist

• Purza
    Purza

I work for the government and we're here to help you!

I have a mid-management job and it is a very good job for someone without a college degree (although I am working on that).

Purza

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm a purchasing agent. Just finishing up a stint in IT buying for Intel and moving on hopefully to something permanent with benefits this time. Funny how a little thing like no medical insurance (temp contract working) can get in the way sometimes. I'm actually getting several calls for interviews right now so please wish me luck!

Sherry

• The Humper
    The Humper

Im a U.S. Army Combat Medic, the most loved soldier of all, well for those that need our help to survive.

alt

• watson
    watson

Humper,

I salute you!!

Seriously,

Thank you!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I've been self employed all of my adult life, made great money, no complaints, but....the one thing that's been missing, and I feel it tugging at me all of the time is a degree, and tonight I figured out what kind of degree I want. It's called and eMBA, anyone heard of it? It's an Exectuive Master of Business Administration degree. I love the mechanics of a business. I like to know what makes it tick, what makes it the most money, and how that process works. Looking back, I now wish I could have been an investment banker. But...that was not to be since I was a Witness and was not permitted to think of such worldly desires. But...I'm 44 now, and there's no time like the present to Git er' done!

BP

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Senior Director of an International charity with a primary focus on disaster response and disaster preparedness education. Responsible for response to emergencies in an area approximately the size of all New England states, New York State and south to North Carolina. 30 staff and 2,400 volunteers under my management. I work closely with senior government (Provincial and National) officials and act as media spokesperson for the agency.

If I sound like I am bragging, sorry. But I entered the workforce at 31 after leaving an 11 year stint at Bethel with no degree or real world work experience. I am proud of where I am despite the late start. It took a hell of a lot of effort and work but it is shaping up that in three years I may even make six figures. It's not just the money but the feel good factor. I now do more in a day to help people in realistic ways than I ever did as a Bethelite in 11 years.

F*&K YOU WATCHTOWER! Succcess and happiness is the best revenge.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Humper:

Good on ya!! I salute you for the work you do.

Thank you

Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit