What is Your Scariest Experience in Life?

by R.F. 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

There are a lot of horrible experiences here.

DJK - How devastating, I am so glad they came out of it, poor darlings.

Missanna - Sweetie, from what I've seen you are pretty strong yourself. The truth is we never really know what we can handle until we have to handle it. I truly believe "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." I think most of us here are shining examples of that.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Watching my gravely ill newborn daughter in the NICU with machines breathing for her.

Second, thinking that I was going to die in front of my children when my husband once threatened to choke me.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Had several guns pulled on me and that was scary but when I was 11 playing with a candle on a wooden night stand and fell asleep.

Woke up 4 hours later, night stand, wall, floor, ceiling and bed all in flames, 35 smoke bombs went off and somehow survived, fireman and ambulance said I should have died at least two hours before I woke up from just the smoke. Ironically it was Good Firday.

abr

• dobbie
    dobbie

Lonelysheep i went through that with my newborn son, its something you never forget is it. I still remember the bleeps of the machines and the smell of disenfectant.

• moshe
    moshe

I was chased by a swarm of bumble bees when I was about 9 years old. I made it to the barn and got inside before they got me. I guess I should not have been shooting BBs at their nest.

• Peppermint
  • FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

One experience I had about 10 years ago is still too traumatic that I care not to discuss unless I have to. I'll just say Elders/Police/local Newspaper was involved...

The other experience I can remember today as if it happened yesterday is I was about 15 when I and other friends were playing in the swimming pool. I ventured out a bit too deep and slipped. I didn't know how to swim and started to drown. I remember my "self" floating out from my body and warning my friends. They pulled me up from the water. From what they said, I was "flopping like a fish and turned blue" when they seen me in the water. I know how to swim now but I'm still a bit scared of water if it goes too deep.

• erynw
    erynw

Being diagnosed with cancer and told I had a 5% chance of surviving the only treatment that would save my life. But I did!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Being told my six year old may have cancer. Thank god, they were wrong, it was red measles. Caused her bloodwork to be very very off.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Watching my brother almost die in a filthy swimming pool, he survived but was left with severe brain damage

Driving on highway 70 during my family's cross country move saw a truck almost drive off a cliff...boy was that guy lucky

Having my doctor tell me that the IUD I had could terminate the pregnancy I had just found out about...the baby's ok

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit