What is Your Scariest Experience in Life?

by R.F. 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'd have to say mine was when I was at the wee age of 8.

My siblings and I were out swimming with some friends and their parents. What I remember mostly was that I got seperated very quickly from the rest of the group and drifted into the deeper end. I found it getting more and more difficult to swim with each passing second. The next thing I know, it was getting harder to keep my head above water, so I started screaming.

Even that became difficult because of the water getting in my mouth. I hadn't been so terrified in my life, and the next thing I knew, I blacked out.

The next thing I know, the father our friends was holding me up and said, "I gotcha!" I've never been so happy to hear someones voice before.

So now, in my twenties, I can swim very well, but I guess that experience is the reason that i'm still afraid to go into parts of pools or other bodies of water that are higher than 8 feet or so. Go figure.

What about some of your experiences? What are some of your scariest?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Having a gun pulled on me whilst in Field Service

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nightmares about armageddon
    I fell overboard in the molokai channel, didn't know how to swim, saved myself, went home and learned how to swim
    my husband put his hands around my neck and squeezed. I said "knock it off." He squeezed harder and I realized he really meant to kill me.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Having my date assault me on my livingroom floor.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Having my date assault me on my livingroom floor. God that must have been awful

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

It was pretty bad, and since then I get to sit here and stare at the spot on the floor where I was pinned down...yay!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Having my date assault me on my livingroom floor.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Oh baby, it's OK...It won't be an issue on our dates

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

first time i was staring down the barrel of a gun.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The scariest experience in my life was being attacked by a huge dog when I was 8 years of age. I attended a little two-room country school where grades 1-3 were in one room and 4-6 in the other.

There was an older boy there who disliked me intensely. He had an ugly, yellow dog named Jack who shared his dislike of me. One day I had to go to this boy's grandma's house on an errand. He took advantage of the opportunity to sic Jack on me.

I ran away as fast as my little legs could carry me, screaming to beat the band! As I ran, I could feel Jack's hot breath on my legs and hear his snarls. I ran across a field, over a fence, into the woods. My only thought was to get away!

Jack must have tired of the sport after a while, because he gave up the chase. My big sister, hearing the ruckus, came to fetch me home. To this day, I am terrified of dogs.

Snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit