What is Your Scariest Experience in Life?

by R.F. 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Missanna
    Missanna

never had a gun pointed at me but the scariest thing i've ever been through was watching someone very close to me over dosing on drugs. watching them almost die. That was terrifying to me. also from my childhoom i remember my dad choking my brother and lifting him up by the throat against the wall. i was only about 7 so i thought my dad was killing him.

• free2think
    free2think

My scariest experience was losing my sight while i was out one day. It was so freaky, it took a while for it to come back and felt life the longest 5 mins of my life.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Watching my dad beat my mom. He eventually stabbed her with a butcher knife when I was 10 and she was pregnant.

Being beat and kicked by my dad.

Being almost run over (with a friend) when I was 15 by my dad as we sat on the front steps.

Giving birth to my third child, he wasn't breathing and the doctor said "This would be a good time to pray."

Finding out my child was born with a chromosome defect and was expected to die at any time.

My brother died when the brakes failed on a company truck and it went off the side of a mountain in Utah. I got the call at work and had to go home and tell my kids and my mom who had just driven to Ohio the day before from Utah.

My brother's son was 12 and I had to take him in to see his dead father.

When my disabled child was 22 I got a call that he had been rushed to the hospital and was going to die, I was working in Salt Lake City and managed to get on a plane within about 25 minutes. He died in my arms.

About a month later I got a call from my daughter saying "Mom, I need to go to rehab, I'm addicted to heroin and I've been smoking crack." I was working in California and she was in Ohio.

A couple of weeks later she called to tell me her best friend had hung herself.

A month later, hearing the judge tell my 24 year old son that he was sentenced to 5 years in prison for a fight at a party. He had thrown 1 punch only, verified by a doctor, that caused severe damage to the other guy's eye socket.

These last 4 things happened within a couple of months time less than 2 years ago.

But I always had the truth. Right.

• delilah
    delilah

The scariest time in my life......the first time was right after I'd given birth to my eldest son, he wasn't breathing properly, and they whisked him away. I didn't see him for 3 hours, until after they had finally stabilized him.

The second time was when,( same son) , fell down the basement stairs, and he passed out. The paediatrician could not get him to wake up. I saw my son lying motionless on the gurney....I was sobbing and freaking out.

Thankfully, he was able to wake my son up. He had suffered a major concussion and scared the doctor to death too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had a couple of shots fired at me from a moving car while on my way to a custom bike shop. They missed. It took me by surprise, and I was too startled to be scared. The full realization of what happened didn't hit me until a couple of hours later.

W

• RAF
    RAF

Flying (against my will)

Editted to add : and no it was not supernatural

• snowbird
    snowbird

Flying (against my will)

Editted to add : and no it was not supernatural

Snowbird

• Missanna
    Missanna

awake&watching: i'm so sorry for all you've been through. You are a stonger person than me. That's some crazy stuff

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Being sick for 2 months , coughing up blood and not being able to breathe properly. When I got to the doc. he told me I had maybe 2 or 3 days left if I would not have gone to the hospital. When I started to cough up blood I though I was going to die, it hurt so bad and I was really scared.

• DJK
    DJK

My daughter 2, and my step-daughter 3, got hold of a bottle of medication to prevent seizures. Peppermint flavored, they ate 22 tabs each. To the cities main hospital they went and because they couldn't deal with it, they would be rushed to a childrens hospital.

It would be three days with tubes forcing charcoal into their stomach's before they were out of the woods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit