What is Your Scariest Experience in Life?

by R.F. 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Out At 22
    Out At 22

Can't really think of anything major like some you guys have had! Good gawd guns and stuff??

But I have two off the top of my head:

Back when I was 16 y/o there was a young couple (20's) here in town for a District Convention who didn't have hotel arrangements. My parents decided they could stay with us (we'd had people for three weekends in a row by then but all we knew), instead of going through the mess of going through the hotel dept at the convention. They seemed nice, etc. Had a nice evening and all went to bed.

Needless to say, they got my bedroom that night which was not a problem as I just slept in the living room on the couch. There was a bathroom by my bedroom (and my parents) which was down the hall from the living room. My big (80lbs) female blk/tan German Shepherd, Sheba, was my girlie and was glued to me so she was by my side on the floor in the living room. She was always fine with company, etc as long as we were fine. She was a ham and loved people. But very protective if need be. We'd had company a lot since we live in the convention city.

Anyways, in the middle of the night Sheba woke the house with a bark we've NEVER heard, her hair up, and a growl that was from deep within. I jumped up and grabbed her collar and asked what he was doing. He said he wanted to get water. By then my parents were out there as was his wife. But we all questioned the water comment since there was water available right there in the bathroom by the bedroom and he was hymming and hawing about being out there. We think he might've been planning on doing something to me.

We told him to go back to the bedroom and stay there. It took 15min to get Sheba calmed down and back to bed. Then again, she laid outside his bedroom door for the night! I sure loved my girlie!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other thing is when I was 22 y/o and told I was menopause and would never have children. Still trying to deal with that one.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Oh I have another one....

Once the there was a bad ice storm in my area years ago. Well my father and I were out driving through it and he drove over a patch of ice. The car went into a spin and he lost total control of it. We ran into a guard rail, but just at the right time though. If we would have been maybe 30 or 40 feet farther down the interstate we could've taken a tumble down a very steep hill that wasn't blocked by the rail. It was so steep that I know if we had fell down it that we would've been in very bad shape.

R.F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit