Mental Illness - diagnosed for me

by Crumpet 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hey Kaethra - there's a brief break in he clouds so I am checking in as requested! Thanks for pulling for me....alas I know you mean that you are hoping I come through rather than you have been out for the last couple of days pulling princes and princesses for me to look over as soon as I get well!

Thanks for sharing all that Johannah - its good to hear from someone with personal experience. One thing i have found is that whilst exercise definitely brings me out of the lows it throws me into the manic highs from which I cannot calm down. Have you found this and if so what do you do about it? Maybe medication will help with this...

(((cyber dene))) - you are so lovely. I dont think I have hit quite as low as this, certainly not as an adult who must take complete responsibility for everything they do and doesnt have a shoulder to cry on or shield them from the elements once in a while. I do have an appointment with the pyschiatrist on Tuesday at which point I pray i will get some drugs to stabilise me out and get referred to a counsellor. I really really want to talk to someone who can be objective and give me some pointers about what I can change and what I cant.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I just thought I'd drop in and leave an update on whats happening with me.

Last Thursday my employers were very concerned about me the cuts, the fact I clearly hadnt slept and was looking very tense. The ocmpany occupational therapits called to talk to me but obviously it was difficult with colleagues around and I couldnt admit to feeling nigh on suicidal. But she was sufficiently worried to call my boss and the HR team who met with me immediately and told me that I should proced with getting medical help and not come to work until I was better. I was very upset but also relieved at the same time.

I called the social worker who I had seen the week before and told her I really needed urgent help and she got my an appointment with the Pyschiatrist yesterday morning. He didnt seem to think I was bi polar but said that the psychologists he is referring me to urgently will address that issue. He prescribed anti depressants and sleeping pills and said I should not work until the pills start to stabilise me in 2 to 3 weeks. So I started my medication today and its a bit trippy, but no worse than other experiences I have had - in fact its quite nice in comparison. A bit rushy at first and then very tiring. Overall the appointment went very well and I felt incredibly reassured by it all.

Thanks to everyone who has PMed and keeps asking me how I am doing - this really helps remind me why I am doing this and getting help at long last.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Thinking of you Crumps - hope the clouds clear soon.

If you want something funny to think about - imagine Besty at the JC tonight - he's going to give them hell!

SP xx

• KW13
    KW13

Crumpet, i know things arent easy right now but you are a special person and you've helped me LOADS.

Your a star

And i still havent thought of a way to get you back, since that time you and Ballistic (Brian) told me i'd been banned from JWD... it seems you've beaten me lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit