Mental Illness - diagnosed for me

by Crumpet 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I'm not on the board much these days, but wanted to pop in to give you a big hug Crumpet. You are courageous and strong. Know that you are loved and that you have the support of so many here who care for you.

tall penguin

Thats really sweet of you TP - thank you. I gather a lot of my fledgling courage here you know!

Throughout the last 5 years I have suffered depression on and off, I have taken medication for it but was left feeling nothing, numb all the time which was great at the start but in the end I felt I would rather feel upset or angry or happy than feel nothing.

(((Es))) I can totally relate to that - I dont want to be "un"comfortably numb either! Cbyerdene - you have been a great help and example to me. Um only tell our "mutual friend" if you really think the knowledge will be useful. DB - I said it further up but in case you missed it - your help has been incredible. Talk about "food" at the proper time! You are faithful and discreet! Marius - you are funny - trust you to see the happy pill side!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    never worry about the pace you are moving at, just make sure you are going

Very good advice and manageable too - thank you Brinjen.

Thank you to sassy and sass-my-frass - good job you two gals are in different countries - stops me getting muddled!

Mrs Smith - your PM to me was so warm and unexpected. Thank you.

I appreciate your comments too roflcopter.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I was going to reply to this post yesterday but I had to get to work. I am so happy that you went. I know that it takes a lot to go through with it. It did for me. I am meds for depression but I really hate them. It helps some. I hated what I was like without them. Good luck to you!

• changeling
    changeling

Crumpet: I want to second what LDB said about St. John's wart . In fact, I don't remember where I read it but I did read awhile ago that St. John's wart is NOT recommended for bipolar disorder. Research carefully before you try anything.

And I totally understand not wanting to give up the highs. When you get on the "right" meds for you at the "right" dosage you will feel better than you ever remember feeling, w/o making other people nuts.

changeling

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.
    Marius - you are funny - trust you to see the happy pill side!

On a serious note, I hope you ok hun, call or email me if you want to chat!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I feel like homer simpson, trapped between a rock and a hard place. Just me and a sharp thing. I worked something out last night though as I made pretty crimson stripes - I am angry, not depressed. Furious even. Its been said to me before, but I dont know if I recognised it til just now. I AM SO F********************* FURIOUS!

And what to do?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Morning, Crumpet:

A bit after 3:00 a.m. here in sunny and cooler California. Wishing you a beautiful and manageable day,

CoCo

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Coco

If anger can be beautiful and fury manageable then yes I am sure it will be. Otherwise I feel every sympathy with every homicidal maniac that ever existed.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Crumps:

I do not understand the refs to Homer nor the crimson. Are you all right?

CoCo

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Your package was sent out this morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit