We have the truth - part 2

by MutualRespectPlease 100 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    You say you hate the gossip and the lack of love and yet look at some of your posts!!!

I have to agree with you on that, the gossip can get nausiating here at times.

The rest of it... I dont need any religion or Jehovah anymore.

My name is Matt

I am free to say so. Are you?

• poppers
    poppers

With such conviction I wonder why you waited 7 years to post. Something doesn't quite feel right. Could it be that the wheels are starting to wobble a bit and posting now is evidence of that?

Why not take that conviction and defend yourself by responding to the points that have been put before you? What are you afraid of? Perhaps your afraid your worst fears may be realized and that you'll have to face something unpleasant, that what you've held so dear is based on deception. Maybe that's why you've waited 7 years, you need someone else to bring to light what you yourself refuse to confront on your own.

I hope you stay on the board and actively participate; maybe everyone can learn something from your presence, including you.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Uhm, Jehovah - is fake. JWD is not a religion - but a disscussion board. If you were stuck on the side of the road, I would not stop. Not because you are a JW but because you could be a serial killer. But I would call the police and tell them that someone needed help.

The JW's don't have a lock on being nice, supportive, helpful, generous, caring, honest... people are people, you have good ones, bad ones everywhere including the JW cult!

nj

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't believe that you've been lurking for 7 years

• slmdf
    slmdf

MRP - welcome.

I agree with your last statement:

Remember, its between you and Jehovah God.

The organization needs to remember that too. However, they put themselves in the position of God and deem many of us here on this board as unfit associates. Frankly, by being here, it doesn't matter all the wonderful things you (think you) do on God's behalf - you are violating the very belief system you are here to defend. You should be disfellowshipped.... you KNOW that's true. You're associating with apostates.

Frankly, I don't care about all the crap the WTS does... to me, it's like any other organization. However, depression is literally an epidemic in the organization (and everywhere) - making it no different than the "world". It's an outright lie to say that JW's are happier than any other group. It's just not true, MRP!

JW's do some wonderful things. For instance - teaching not going to war. I think that's commendable, and the fact that no witness will actually enlist in an army is different than most religious organizations. However, do you honestly believe you would have the freedom to choose NOT to got to war, if it wasn't for those who did? That doesn't make it right, I get that. However, It's an interesting point to consider.

What I do care about is being the very best I can be. Contributing positively to society. Adding something genuine and loving to other human's lives. I care about living the best life that I can, in as close alignment to what I read in God's Word as I can; doing all I can to reflect his qualities. I believe that's what he expects of us. I no longer see how joining ANY specific organization on earth can bring me more into God's loving-kindness. It's GOD'S loving kindness - not any organizations. It goes back to what you said...

"Remember... it's between you and Jehovah God."

I sincerely hope that one day you realize that Jehovah loves people... not organizations.

• fedorE
    fedorE

MUTUAL RESPECT PLEASE

I LIKE YOU. BUT YOUR NOT LIKE PPL ON THIS BOARD. YOU RE NOT LIKE ME EITHER....YOU IN MY OPINION ARE ---- LIKE THE ELDER, WHO WHILE WITH THE ENTIRE CONGREGATION AT A PICNIC IN A PARK, WAS ENJOYING HIS FAMILY STARED OVER AT ME AND MY FAMILY. HE LOOKED AT THE ENTIRE ASSOCIATION HE WAS ENJOYING,,IN THE PARK ALL FAMILIES, ALL CONTENT, EATING HAVING A GOOD TIME, ENJOYING THE BEST OF THE DAY AFTER THE MORNING IN SERVICE..

THE ELDER CAME OVER TO ME AND THIS IS WHAT HE SAID TO ME:"YEAH WE'RE WRONG, WHO CARES! W H O C A R E S !!!" AND THEN HAPPILY WENT OVER TO ENJOY HIS FOOD AND HIS FAMILY.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I don't believe that you've been lurking for 7 years

Neither do I.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I pray to the Lord , MRP ,to help you regain your sanity.Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Open mind
    Open mind

Coupla messy crumbs I gotta pick up here.

I don't think MRP said he's been lurking 7 years. He's gone back over 7 years of posts and read them.

MRP, you made the point that JWD is intolerant of anyone on here who doesn't think like the majority.

Uh, I don't think you read a very comprehensive bunch of threads over those 7 years. We're ALL OVER THE PLACE dude!

And, BTW, kudos to WAC. He acknowledged that he thinks what you said about most of the people at Bethel was right. I haven't seen anybody jumping all over WAC's case (yet). But they might. And guess what? That's OK!! At least here it is. Try that at the K Hall.

You know, overall, I get where you're coming from. You've had some great experiences and feel a "gut" level loyalty to the organization.

Just remember what Carl Sagan said when an interviewer pressed him for his "gut" feeling:

"I try not to think with my gut."

Open Mind

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    This forum seems like a religion.
    THIS FORUM HAS RULES AND YOU OBEY THEM.
    If someone doesnt obey the rules, you KICK HIM OUT!

And yet this forum is not a religion. It is an open discussion board, and, like most discussion boards, has an established minimal standard of civil behavior.

Now, how about the 'mountain of evidence' you promised proving that the JWs have the 'truth'? So far, you have criticized en masse other religions and posters here and told us how much JWs help other people and how happy they are. Those are opinions, not evidence.

With all due respect,

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit