We have the truth - part 2

by MutualRespectPlease 100 Replies latest jw friends

• coaster
    coaster

I sent this pm to mr. or ms. mutal respect who says we have "reality" in our JW beliefs:

Todays reality. My Rev bk study group today was told and shown something totally different from reality. Rev 7 says "4 angels are holding back winds of destruction". Fine, four big super duper extra strong angels is what I believe, cause that is what the bible says.

Why can't we just leave it there, but no, WTBS say in Rev book "there is NO DOUBT this is four groups of angels." How can there be "NO DOUBT when Rev says FOUR ANGELS!!!??? And then the entire page is an illustration of two groups of three angels holding back the winds. Wow, some group, only THREE angels needed per corner instead of the ONE per corner Rev says it is. John could have easily said there were myriads of angels holding back the wind, but he did not, he said a total of four and we show six.

We did the same thing earlier when Jesus explains his own illustration saying the seven lampstands are the seven congregations and that the stars in the hand are angels. Do we believe that great explanation? No only the lampstand part, but stars are....tah dah elders!?!? Give me a break, I think Jesus should have the right to explain his own illustration, don't you?

One more REALITY check for you. There are about a dozen times the Name Jehovah appears in Rev and not a single one of them is a quote from the hebrew scriptures, even though appendix 1-d sited in every instance says we "restored the devine name when quoting from the hebrew, and EVERY time it was used as a source"---that is not the reality in rev even though rev 22: 18,19 says we can not add to nor take away a word from that scroll.

This guy got a ton of Damn good posts...but will he see them? Coaster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit