We have the truth - part 2

by MutualRespectPlease 100 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I hope you're not a troll, if you are shame on you. In the event that you're not, you sound very sincere, but also very naive. I too spent an entire life as a witness. Being a female I did not have the "priviledges of service" that you did, but I have close family members who have. In addition, my parents were brought into the org. by missionaries and were close friends with people that went up as high as you can go. I say all this, not to brag, but simply to establish common ground with you.

Now, the "rosy picture" that you paint is all water color. It all runs when it rains. It's not permanent, it's not real. While this religion may have saved some from the depths of drug or alchohol abuse, so have many other religions and institutions. I have personally experienced and witnessed more emotional pain from being a JW than I could ever begin to tell in this post. Add to that the absolute hypocrisy of being in bed with the UN (motive does not matter), the flip flops in chronology (without apologies, just "new light), disregard for proven history (I give you 607 BCE), and the playing with the very lives of their people by banning vaccines, organ transplants and transfussions, just to provide new light down the line.

Oh and lets not forget mind control. When you stongly discourage (dare I say ban?) education, and research of independant sources you make a mockery of our thinking abilities and free will. And I don't care whose definition of a cult you prescribe to, mind control = cult.

That's where I stand in a nut shell.

What are your thoughts?

changeling

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Why do you think the demons were talking to you? Did they say anything relevant or did they just rant? Did you call on Jehoober? and if so did they stop talking when you did?

Did you ever actually see a person possessed by a demon? Boy that must have been an experience, why don't you tell us about it?

nj

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think I'm going back.

I was undecided.

But the demon testimony really got to me.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Heehee. "Motive." It's like a guy who visits a prostitute and then says: "But the only way I could preach to her was while she was working!"

• MutualRespectPlease
    MutualRespectPlease

Sorry about the paragraph thing. Its me, MutualRespectPlease.
    I chose that name so that it wouldnt seem as if I was critical or condescending. I don't feel superior to anyone because I know I am not.

This forum seems like a religion.
    THIS FORUM HAS RULES AND YOU OBEY THEM.
    If someone doesnt obey the rules, you KICK HIM OUT!
    I have read the posts for the past 7 years, some accuse the organization of different things, and yet, look at what some of you criticize the brothers and sisters for!!!! Do you all read the posts?
    You say you hate the gossip and the lack of love and yet look at some of your posts!!!
    You support others, just because they are on this forum. Even though they are rude and unkind. I read where some of you did that. You made excuses for them.
    I made an observation about the demons, experiences I have had personally, and when I read some of your posts, I wonder why you would make such an unkind comment. Is that love? Are you saying I am lying about what I saw?

You belong to a group, whether you admit it or not. Call it a forum, call it whatever you want. But this group has rules and it has nice people and not so nice. And then when some are even being kicked out of the forum!!!!!! And then others support the kicking out!!!!!!
    Outlaw is funny though, and Mrs. Jones and some others are kind people. Too bad Seeker4 didnt post.
    But with some others, I wonder if I ran out of gas one night, and they came along and were safe because they were in a group, would they help me?
    Is this forum about blasting those who don't accept every negative thing about the Witnesses? Some of you can say things to me, but if you heard it at a Kingdom Hall, it would be "hypocritical?"

Just because I am a Witness, does that mean I am right?
    Just because you are a big forum, does that mean you are right?

I cannot deny what I have seen, the love, the giving of one's life and helping others, the generosity, the caring, the happiness, the desire to follow the laws of the Bible. Some of you are part of that, I know some of you right now if I was sick, would try and come help me even though you don't know where I live. Others wouldn't, they are more interested in winning some kind of word game.

When we are stand before Jehovah about how we lived our lives, do you really think that we are to say, "Yes I would have served you, and followed what the Bible says about conduct, but the United Nations NGO......?"
    Remember, its between you and Jehovah God. Its easy to blast out a tough post, but where do we stand before God?
    Take care everyone

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

and, still no rebuttals to our comments.

• poppers
    poppers

From MRP: "This forum seems like a religion.
    THIS FORUM HAS RULES AND YOU OBEY THEM.
    If someone doesnt obey the rules, you KICK HIM OUT!"

Gee, now that sounds familiar.

• Odrade
    Odrade

So that's your excuse? "Jehovah, it SEEMED like the right organization because I had a good time there... Yes, I heard about the lies and the pedophiles, and the UN, and the RandCam, and the silent lambs, and the shunning, and the flipflops, and the prophecy problems, and the generation changes, and the 607 issues, and the way we treat women, and the two witness "rule" and the other stuff too... but I never saw it, and I suppose the Society must have had SOME reason for acting that way... it SEEMED like the right organization... isn't that enough?"

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Remember, its between you and Jehovah God. Its easy to blast out a tough post, but where do we stand before God? Take care everyone

You make some good points and observations. Now, let me propose one. Before dedicating your life to a way of belief, don't you think it would be as prudent to ascertain how the organization stands before God as determining where you stand? If you're letting an organization direct your actions, your thoughts, your associations, don't you think you have to hold that organization to a very high responsibility, higher than the average organization or person?

Let me put it another way. The society has made the claim that it is not infallible and is, in fact, wrong. What, in your opinion, would be sufficient reason to invest your decision making and trusting power in an organization that admits it is sometimes wrong but insists that you agree with everything it does or says?

• eclipse
    eclipse

MRP, Well, you came here trying to prove to us that you have the truth.

We asked you sincere questions.

Will you answer them?

There are kind and unkind people in all groups....I can hand you a tissue if you need one...

All better now?

Can you can answer our questions honestly?....perhaps then maybe you can save us and bring us back to the fold?

If we are wrong, tell us. We have questions, please prove us wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit