We have the truth - part 2

by MutualRespectPlease 100 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

eclipse, that's why i said , the name you gave him. i didn't say god's name on purpose.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Lemme guess MRP,

You're in the "heart of the congregation" right? If you've got some decent social skills and a male apendage you are no doubt one of the "cool kids" to use a high school analogy.

So am I. I'm a currently serving elder whose family gets plenty of invitations, etc. But I see that only those who do things "just right" like I have for most of my life and who didn't happen to get royally messed up by abusive parents, elders or extended family, etc. are the only ones living this "happy life". Others are outsiders. Some look happy because they're clinging to the carrot of a paradise while trying not to cringe too much at the horriffic hammer of the iminent Armageddon genocide.

My personal integrity (which many on this board doubt I possess) can't take it much longer. Our theology is a house of cards man!

Here's one tiny example. I just went through "1914 & the Gentile Times" for our family's weekly study. My teenage kids, my wife and MYSELF are all scratching our heads wondering how they make the logic leaps and assumptions they do to come up with this stuff. Now let's suppose every assumption and logic leap is correct. (If you want I can spell them out for you later.) Well, it must have come from Jehovah because no logical person would try to pawn it off as reasonable. So let's say that Jehovah guided Russell to play Holy Bible Hopscotch and pull 1914 out of the hat. Then why, oh why, couldn't Jehovah have guided Russell to correctly predict the SIGNIFICANCE of 1914?

That's just a snowflake on a very large iceberg. You say you've read 6 years of posts. Have you read the "Best of" section?

If after honestly reading it, please come back and show me what I'm missing on my horriffic fall from grace errrr. undeserved kindness.

Open Mind

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You said: "overall there is a mountain of evidence that there is a truth and that we have it."

No, there isn't. The people who run the WTBTS know that the longer and louder you repeat a lie, the more people will believe it because most people are too lazy to actually do some checking.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

MRP: This is a discussion board which means you start a thread, you read replies and then you respond. That's why it's called a discussion board.

A person who simply starts new threads 'on the fly' is what is called a Troll in internet parlance.

So.......we look forward to reading your responses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OZ..My PM to MRP remains unread..I think he`s gone...OUTLAW

• Open mind
    Open mind

Oh well. It was good 'postate practice for me.

How'd I do?

Open Mind

• Odrade
    Odrade

Interesting how "belief" doesn't require actual evidence. "Evidence" is something that can be documented, and usually duplicated. Saying "I see happy people," "I don't see corruption," is not evidence, it is simply your personal experience.

Also, regarding your vague "credentials", don't worry... it won't sound like bragging, but I doubt your credentials are any more impressive than many, many posters here who have objectively examined the evidence and come to very different conclusions. And just because you've done a lot of different activities for your faith, doesn't give you any more ability to approach things with clear thinking and logic - perhaps it's even a handicap.

Tell me, what do you think of this new directive from the Society which "suggests" that nobody need look any further than the Insight books when doing research? What if the publications quote a secular source? Would it be inappropriate to research the context of the quote? What happens if the context reveals deception on the part of the WT? Just saying...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You are a sincere person. Many witnesses are also sincere. Sincerity does not make it right or the truth. The dicks that flew the planes into the twin towers were sincere. Did not make them right.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

How'd I do?

Open Mind

You done good. Now let's see if Mr. MutualRespect shows any by replying. I suspect he is, like most wound-up apologists, a 'driveby.'

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    The happiness I see among the Witnesses is so lacking among others.

So why am I a far happier person since leaving? I just couldn't be happy slaving away for a human organization, knowing that nothing I did was ever good enough. I guess there's just something wrong with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit