Last night's BIG LOVE

by sandy 64 Replies latest social entertainment

• rebel8
    rebel8

I napped through the first half of last night's episode and awoke to the oral sex scene!!!!!

I found it all hilarious. Nikki's faux protest to the oral. (I predict soon she'll be wearing a giant rosary and expanding her sexual horizons. Today a rosary, tomorrow a low-cut blouse and jeans.)

The "back door" offer LOLOL....

The weirdo cult guy covered in white paint (or whatever that was).

Barb's reaction to the idea of a 4th wife.

She sure is getting a lot more bossy these days. What the heck--making Bill sleep in the basement and demanding everyone stop sleeping w/him? I think she is going to leave, especially after her son's statement that he'll get a 2nd if he doesn't love his 1st enough...

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I swear there was so much going on last night that I thought it was the season finale!

Four episodes left, I can't wait.

• Dagney
    Dagney

bttt

I went to the HBO site to read up on the episode.

Interesting, Bill "confers the priesthood" on his Ben.

• sandy
    sandy

OMG last night's episode was so good! It more than made up for last week's sleeper. I like the way Barb is sticking up for herself. She should. I love her character but I love to see her eventually leave.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Okay I haven't seen it, but it's on again tonight.

I keep thinking sooner or later Ben is going to get busted. He's being way too indiscreet with his girlfriend (geeeez -- I mean, next door on the sofa?!).

Also this past episode had some big time foreshadowing on where Bill's mother got her money and/or what's going to happen to it. Bruce Dern has always played such a great bad guy (going back to "The Cowboys").

Is anyone else creeped out about that other polygamous sect (the one that tried to brand Bill)? Bill is playing with fire and it's going to blow up in his face if he's not careful.

Chris

• rebel8
    rebel8

Chris, Ben was busted! In more ways than one, actually. I think you can watch partial episodes on hbo.com if you miss them.

Did anyone notice how Bill keeps telling everyone privately that they are the special one? He does that with the kids and the wives.

• Mulan
    Mulan

How about when the bishop called Barb "sister Henricksen" and then expressed concern because she is "inactive" in the church.

I hope when they said there were only 4 episodes left, they didn't mean for the series. The way things are going, it could be winding down to a series finale though.

Do you think Roman is dead?

• sandy
    sandy

rebel8, I noticed that about Bill too. That is another reason I do not like him much anymore. I cannot think of a word for him right now I'm too tired. Conniving? Maybe . . .

Mulan, I don't think it's the series finale. It better not be! I'm going to search online for info now that you have me all worried. :)

• sandy
    sandy

I was looking for info about the show since Mullan gave me a scare about maybe it being a series finale and found this quiz. Hope the link works. If not can someone else fix it for me?

I hate to admit it but I kind of already knew . . . I'm a Barbara.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Did anyone notice how Bill keeps telling everyone privately that they are the special one? He does that with the kids and the wives.

It's a means of trying to assert control. He's feeling out of control and so compensates by trying to control. Classic dysfunctional behavior indicative of someone who's seriously repressed. But that's nothing compared to Barb! Bill is trying to exorcise the demons of his past (being thrown out, being young and defenseless, etc.) by trying to make himself as "big" as he can. He thinks that by making lots of money and business deals it will somehow make things in the past okay. He's giving to his children that which he always wanted without realizing that is not necessarily what they want.

So does anyone think Roman is dead? I don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit