Last night's BIG LOVE

by sandy 64 Replies latest social entertainment

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well it's all falling apart now isn't it! Nikki playing Bingo...Barb getting Margie to actually have an opinion...

• Mulan
    Mulan

there were several things in last night's show that reminded me of the JW's..................I'll have to watch it again to remind myself what they were.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I completely forgot it was on last night and spaced watching it. I'll have to watch it on demand later today when I get the chance and get caught up-

• undercover
    undercover

I wish I could remember Sarah's quote...

After Barb questioned her about her boyfriend, Sarah said something about the LDS faith not having a monopoly on morality. That was a great line and it applies to JWs as well as Mormons/LDS.

I think Sarah shows the most promise of free-thinking and wanting to get away from the polygamy lifestyle.

The show is doing a great job of subtlely showing Bill becoming his own version of Roman.

When we're first introduced to the Hendrickson's they seemed, outside of the polygamy, to be a decent, good family. Then we're introduced to Roman Grant and the compound life and we're disgusted by it. We feel for Bill, Barb, Nicky, Margene and the kids as they have to deal with the compound cult and their family ties to it.

But as this season has gone on, Bill has conspired against Roman, he's been an accomplice after the fact in attempted murder, he helped cover up crimes, he conspired with another cult to do damage to Roman's interests, he's using laundered money to buy his new business interest and he's getting involved in illegal gambling. He has sacrificed his beliefs and principles in the name of protecting his family even at the threat of losing the support of his family. He is becoming what he loathed and hated in Roman. His face said it all when Albie was receiving testimonial. Yea, Albie is as crooked as old Roman, but it wasn't Albie's deceitfulness that bothered Bill, it was the fact that Albie would be taking control of the UEB, thus twarting Bill's takeover attempt. Bill is in for a hard, hard fall by the time this show ends its run.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think you are right about Bill. He is making too many compromises. And then Nikki stole all the money from the compound and is gambling. I never would have thought she would be the one to get hooked on it.

I remembered some things from last night that made me laugh out loud. Barb asked Sarah where she had met her boyfriend and she told her it was at "an ex Mormon support group". Too funny.

Then she asked her if they were having premarital sex and Sarah said "Mormons don't have the monopoly on morals". You were right on, undercover.

Also when Nikki tried to talk to her mother and she blew her off because she was excommunicated or banished or whatever it was she had said before.

Albie is a doofus. I think he is also gay. That will make an interesting storyline too.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I loved the conversation between Barb and Sarah. This show is packed with good writing.

The development of the character, Barb, is so revealing into her reluctant compliance with polygamy. What a way to try to lead her children away from it. First, talking to her son's girlfriend, then attempting to get Sarah back in an LDS church, where she can be with those who are against "The Principle".

Also, Ben being a 'priesthood holder', and his sexual aggravation in the store.

Albie is a doofus. I think he is also gay. That will make an interesting storyline too.

Yes, he IS a repressed homosexual. I learned by watching the extra stuff with Big Love On Demand.

• bebu
    bebu

Someday I'm going to watch this show! It really soiunds interesting!

bebu

• sandy
    sandy

Albie is definitely gay . . . There's an episode where he takes a gay guy back to his motel and does nothing with him. Instead he bangs his head against the wall over and over to suppress his urges and I think scare the guy off. It was pretty crazy and funny at the same time.

"The show is doing a great job of subtlely showing Bill becoming his own version of Roman."

This is so true. Bill is really no better than Roman. He is partly responsible for Niki's father being shot and he doesn't even feel guilty, at least not enough. He has these small moments where he seems to feel bad about his behavior but he does nothing about it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a few comments:

Barb exclaiming " Jehovah!" when she saw the lady disrobing on the gaming machine cracked me up.

nikki playing bingo goes along with her debt addiction.

bill roaring at his mom " I paid good money for that marriage!" lmao

OH and for the first time i didnt like Don, he said something to the effect of " we could light up vegas with all the energy we expend letting our wives think they have a say" grrrrr

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Barb exclaiming " Jehovah!" when she saw the lady disrobing on the gaming machine cracked me up.

She did?! I missed that while getting the kids into bed.

bill roaring at his mom " I paid good money for that marriage!" lmao

LOL

My favorite from the night: "This marriage thing is a racket!"

That's my new phrase at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit