JOBLESS COUPLE HAVE 12 KIDS AND GET A $1,000,000 FREE HOME

by Mary 204 Replies latest social current

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi Talesin, haven't seen you around for a long time. Sorry if the way I put it offended you all I was trying to put forward is my admiration for women that have a lot of children at a time when there is a declining population problem. I didn't mean to relegate women that go for less children. If that's what they want that's fine.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Several sets of twins, too. Was this fertility drugs??

If so, did the government pay for the that treatment, too?

Wow. Just Wow.

-Aude.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

The longer I live and the more frequently I visit these boards (and read the paper), the more convinced I become that I am at the center of grand psychology experiment. no other effing comment, except, I need another effing drink, no sex planned.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I will say wow! Popping out 12 kids... 3 sets of twins and getting paid to do that - she's amazing! And he's along for the ride. Oh mylanta!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    The longer I live and the more frequently I visit these boards (and read the paper), the more convinced I become that I am at the center of grand psychology experiment. no other effing comment, except, I need another effing drink, no sex planned

. Well, over here if your kids are over 5 and in kindergarten, you have to have a job. And GIVE you a home like that?? OMG No way!! You will be on a waiting list for years and then you will either be put into a project, or given a Section 8 voucher that will probably put you into the worst part of the city where your kids will get shot on the front porch. If you get $50.00 in Child Support, they take $100.00. Most people in America think if you are on "welfare" or receive "food stamps" you are a lazy freeloader who doesn't want to work, (I said MOST--don't flame me) while not batting an eye at corporate handouts and outright corporate welfare subsidies and million dollar tax breaks. I cannot believe a country actually does this.

• eddie c
    eddie c

Governments have no money...its ours,the taxpayers.

Imagine if i came along your street and asked each person for a few quid as i want to have sex and produce a dozen kids. I also need money for my cigarettes and pay per view telly,and will of course need a car. During the summer perhaps you can give a bit extra as we will need a holiday,it gets a bit stressful looking after the kids. Yes i know its a struggle for you as well and you have to work overtime to make ends meet,but hey,have a heart.

• Gill
    Gill

It is interesting how people believe that looking after children is only a job when someone else does it other than the parents.

In that case, we expect these carers of children to be reasonably well paid and qualified. As soon as a parent looks after their children it is 'Wrong', ' waste of time/money' and not valued.

I was able to work full time when I had two children which became impossible after I had twins as well.....( a shock and surprise! I can tell you!) However, since then I have been ridiculed and mocked for not being at work as well as looking after my children. However, when I see the sad results of parents not being around for their children all of the time, I refuse to be knocked down by others. I will return to work when I know my children are going to be safe without me. I don't live off the state. My husband works full time, we receive NO state benefits except for Tax credits and Family allowance which every one is entitled to, and yet I have been regularly told that I am setting a bad example for my kids by not going out to work as well as looking after them. I do the job of a nurse, teacher, carer, chef, laundry lady, cleaner etc, and receive not a penny for it and neither do I expect to.

As much as I would agree that 12 is a bit 'over the top' looking after children does not stop being work just because a parent does it!

Kids need their parents. I would imagine that 12 kids need two parents around.

There is a rapidly falling birth rate in our area as kids are too expensive to have these days. Three teachers have lost their jobs at the local school and school years are being rolled into one and joined together as there are just not enough children any more and this is normal in a lot of schools in our area now.

Who will be the firemen, teachers, doctors, nurses, carers etc of the future? More to the point, who will be the parents of the future? Doesn't seem to be many volunteers these days.

Let's face it, without kids, we have no future.

The newspaper example is of an extreme case, but parents do need support and children are essential.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I worked my way off welfare, and if I had looked at the benefits I was losing, I would never have done it. For SIX YEARS my net income went DOWN every time I got a raise. But after that, all the subsidies were gone and the raises were all mine.

Then I hit a new tax bracket.

Nevertheless, I'd have it no other way. My dignity is intact. Besides, my Welfare friends who went the other way, maximizing their benefits, are no better off today than when they started.

Governments should have bridging programs to help families get off Welfare.

As for the multiple sets of twins, the couple may just be genetically disposed for it.

• Scully
    Scully

As for the multiple sets of twins, the couple may just be genetically disposed for it.

Either that, or they are sponging off NHS for in-vitro fertilizations in order to maximize the number of kids they get out of each pregnancy.

• core
    core

as said above - Governments should have bridging programs to help families get off Welfare.

That is the problem in the UK - a family (married or not) with a few children are trapped in that if the man or woman in a sole parent family gets work - anything over a very basic amount reduces their Working Tax Credit and other Social Security benefits

Having large families may appear good for the future stock of the country however it is not unreasonable (as a tax payer) to be appalled by this farce - who will convert a former hotel for anyone with a mortgage - will the government pay it if they lose their job (NO!)

This family is an example of the madness of the current social security system - to match the net earnings of this family I think a man woyuld need to earn around £100k pa at the least as his tax & National Insurance would soak up a large chunk of that leaving him to pay his mortgage and council tax (which this family have no worries about)

As a taxpayer at 40% of earnings (plus NI deductions on top) I cannot but wonder why we struggled with 3 children when the answer was to have more and less financial worry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit