I was sexually abused

by Mindyemt 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hilannj
    hilannj

That is very sad :(( I think it varies, I know of a brother in the cong I am from that is in prison now for molesting his little girl, but he wasn't an elder and didn't have any family in the truth, also there are some states that have passed laws requiring it to be reported, but in some states there is a loophole.

• u2dolphins
    u2dolphins

I was sexually abused, held hostage, tied up, forced drugs on me, choked me with duct tape...decided to wrap duct tape around my wrists and my mouth while blowing crack cocaine up my nose. 8 yrs later, I am a jw and I want nothing more than for him to protect me because that's what he does for me all the time. I love Jehovah God and I will never deny him even if satan TRIES to get the best of me.

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT like's to cover everything regarding their dirty deeds...

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome MIndy.

I have read your posts and I'm so so sorry for what you've gone through. I am glad that the congregation took care of you and the situation you were in. I hope you also get professional help for your depression.

As far as being confused about the witnesses goes - you aren't the only one. I was raised a witness, reached positions of oversight, bethel, pioneer, etc etc. The confusion, pain and frustration I felt as I realized that everything I held so dear, so important to me wasn't all that I thought it was.

It was in the midst of this emotional turmoil that I decided to research everything I could about my religion and make a determination if it was correct or not. I found some good and pleasing things and I found other things that just didn't add up. I realized that I didn't know the Bible nearly as well as I thought - I knew Watchtower and Awake and Kingdom Ministry articles and the Society's viewpoints on matters but not the Bible. I now love to read my Bible every single day. I have never felt more in touch with my spirituality and closer to God.

I wish you the best on your journey. Please keep posting here and sharing your feelings.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD Mindy

There are many JW's that were abused, and I'm sure they wouldn't want it to be public knowledge. But I think others in the organization have the right to know that there is a pedophile in their organization and definetly the authorities should be notified.

Never should the victim be victimized again by Elders that have no idea of how to handle such a situation, or advised to keep quite about the molestation! That's were I have a problem. The JW's are known for covering for pedophiles!

I hope things start getting better for you, take care of yourself.

nj

• unique1
    unique1

Welcome Mindy!!

I don't think you are understanding what everyone is trying to say. First off, was the rapist a witness? If not then the elders have no problem with you contacting the authorities. Second no one has an issue with the poor child being entitled to privacy in the matter. No child should be drug through the mud in such cases but the offender elder, MS, or mere congregation member should be turned in. If the elders did turn in a congregation member then GOOD FOR THEM!! They actually did the right thing. You have to understand this does not happen in all cases. Just because your family was surrounded by good elders does not mean everyone is.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• unique1
    unique1

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and your depression. A lot of people on here suffer depression as well. If you are seeing a psychiatrist, perhaps you should see a psychologist for a change. There is a difference and well if one isn't working then try another.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I am a jw and I want nothing more than for him to protect me because that's what he does for me all the time. I love Jehovah God and I will never deny him even if satan TRIES to get the best of me.

Hi u2dophins

• changeling
    changeling

I'm a little confused Mindy. You posted late last night and it sounded like you were with your husband at a fire station and you were in the throughs of a miscarrige. In this post you say you are no longer married and your miscarrige occurred 4 months ago. I'm not tryning to be insensitive, I've lost several pregancies myself, but i don't quite follow what you are saying.

The issue of the abuse puzzles me as well. Were the abusers witnesses? That would make a big differnce in how the cong. handled matters. If they were witnesses, were they dealt with by a JC? Was the cong. warned ?

Just trying to figure you out...

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome u2dolphins!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit