I was sexually abused

by Mindyemt 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

No my sister was 3 times

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Mindy,

I'm sorry to hear that you were abused as a child. No child is ever deserving of that kind of treatment.

Just as one case of covering up child abuse does not prove that the religion has a policy of hiding pedophiles, the fact that you say you received help does not prove that the organization doesn't cover up child abuse. You don't say whether the person that abused you was ever reported to the police. If you feel comfortable enough to tell us, please let us know what ever became of him.

The fact is that there are hundreds of examples of children that were abused and the congregation refused to do anything about it because of their two witness rule. If there weren't two witnesses to the abuse and the abuser denied having done it, the religion required that the congregation continue to view the abuser as a brother. If the family went to the police, they could be disfellowshipped for slandering the "poor innocent" brother.

This isn't about getting the child abuse instances reported on television. It's about having the religion comply with the law and report the child abuser to the proper authorities. It's also about protecting the congregation from child abusers. The abusers were let free to continue preying on children. The congregations became safe harbors for pedophiles because they could deny the allegations and jump from congregation to congregation continuing to abuse children with impunity. As long as there were not two witnesses, nothing would be done to them. That's a classic injustice and a prime example of putting the religion's public image ahead of the children in their midst. The JWs criticize the Catholic church for their role in covering up child abuse, but they have engaged in the same kind of behavior. That's the kind of hypocrisy that we should not expect to come out of the one true religion that JWs claim to be.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Really? 3 times? So what happened to the person that did it?

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

I'm in defense mode becuase my mother is a witness and part of the 144,000 and she is a wonderful woman granted i couldnt stay a witness i will defend my mothers religion...i was raped 3 times when i 8 two years before i became a witness and i told my parents after my first suicide attempt and it was to late to bring up charges and i was raped 2 times by a now ex boyfriend and charges where brought apon him and the elders where told and they were very helpful including the select few brothers and sisters we told

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

It was my cousin that did it to my sister she is in no contact with him and there is a PFA and hes a minor so my aunt and uncle were charged

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ok then I have one question: If you know this is a site of exjws and apostates and you're on defense mode, why are you here?

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

curosity i guess i dunno some things i do not agree on thats why im no longer a witness

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

then sweetie, why are you defending them?

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

because of my mother and some things i do and dont beleive in so i guess im in the middle

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

well, that's fine, but, you have to understand most people on here were hurt by the witnesses, and when you come on here and defend them, we get a little riled up. your welcome to come and say what you wish, but, expect a reaction. we don't all always get along, but, i think we respect each other for the most part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit