I was sexually abused

by Mindyemt 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

one thing about my mom that bothers me is how lightly she took my miscarriage

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Information about the touting of 1975...that's where I started...wanted to find out if it was true or if I was just off my rocker. Luckily my parents have old bound volumes from the late 60's and early 70's...good for research.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A lot of us have mothers and other family who are JWs. That doesn't absolve the organization of wrongdoing. If anything it gives us even more reason to be angry, because they are still being manipulated by those assholes.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Mindy, you haven't said whether the rapists/ molester(s) involved were JW males or non-JW. That's kind of crucial to the way the congregation chooses to handle reportings. When it's a JW who is the violator, it gets covered over to protect the organisation's reputation (as opposed to protecting victims).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aw that's rough...sorry about your miscarriage

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mindy -

The Jw religion does not promote sexual abuse, molestation, and rape. In that I agree.

The Jw religion does however, by it's misapplication of some ancient Biblical precepts, create an environment that is both favorable and relatively safe for those who desire to practice such heinous acts against others. It's isolationist style creates further problems, as it is typically not considered wise to contact the authorities as a first line of defense by the Watchtower society. In this opinion, they diverge significantly from the balanced thinking of true Christianity, and set up the 'flock' for exploitation by the criminals who victimize others in this manner.

Your own posts here to wit, have minimized this crime. That does not seem your personal nature from what I detect - it is a mind overridden state created by a lifetime of confusing signals about dignity and personal responsibility. It is this same mindset that worked against the interest of young men molested by members of other clerical groups like Catholic priests. The 'God is with this people, so we dare not bring dishonor to Him by reporting these terrible things' syndrome.

I am glad you joined us here. Please consult the following website - as you may benefit greatly.

www.silentlambs.org

Jeff

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi Mindyemt, and welcome to JWD,

It can be pretty tough dealing with being abused as a child. I know. I too was abused by a Jehovah's Witness when I was a child. The man who abused me had already abused another child in my congregation, which the elders knew about. Maybe if they had gone to the police after the first case was brought to them, I wouldn't be posting this.

steve

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

my boyfriend was yes the one from when i was eight no and my cousin no

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hi Mindy it's nice to meet you.

There are many abuse survivors here.

And I think it is awesome you received the help you need. There are, unfortunately, too many though that did not get that help.

It's great that things worked out like that for you, but for many, many others they didn't get that.

I'm really sorry about your miscarriage. You said you might be pregnant! I am guessing this is a good thing?

There might be a lot of things you really don't know about the JW's. I would suggest going to Lady Lee's favorites and researching various topics there.

Also, there are many people who have left the jw's that still believe some of the things that they did as jw's, yet they recognize some of the features of the religion as being unhealthy. And so they seperated themselves from it.

You can believe anything you want to believe, but you don't need a religion to do so.

Perhaps your husband has or can give you reasons why he believes you were brainwashed?

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

im just worried about my 11 yr old sister she just got baptized and so into it....thank you MrsJones i appreciate it not alot of people say im sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit