I was sexually abused

by Mindyemt 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

I was sexually abused as a child and the witness's accepted it and helped me granted they didn't go into depth about it with me but they do not cover it up they just dont like things publicized not every rape or sexual abuse is put on the news so why should a witness being raped be put on the news they are private people why not let it be

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

first off mindy, yes they do cover it up. i have first hand knowledge of this, as do others on here. why don't we let them be? well, ther's alot of reasons from alot of different people. for me, if they wouldn't hold my family and others captive to their lies, i'd leave them alone. why do they feel they can bash others religions, but, no one can talk aobut them?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

another thing is, if it's not reported, either to the congregation or the media, the molester is free to do it over and over.

• Mum
    Mum

Hi, Mindy. Welcome to the forum. Of course not every sexual abuse case is on the news. That would be impossible. However, it should be reported to the police so charges can be brought against the abuser.

You seem awfully willing to accept being violated. That is scary. Do you believe a human being with no power, especially a child, is not entitled to protection from attack, and not worthy of respect and dignity?

We are our brothers' and sisters' and children's keepers, Mindy. We all have a duty to report crime, and by doing so, protecting others who may be harmed by the same person.

Regards,

SandraC

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Hmmmm "Wait on Jehovah," right?

Well, as a lurker to this site, I did a complete 180° turn after reading some members' posts. I used to feel the same as you, after I had quit them.

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

first off my sister was molested and the cops were notified and steps were taken if im raped again or anything why would i want it on the news or to be known through the congergation??? I know first hand things are done and its not covering up its keeping things private for that persons sake

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    first off my sister was molested and the cops were notified and steps were taken if im raped again or anything why would i want it on the news or to be known through the congergation??? I know first hand things are done and its not covering up its keeping things private for that persons sake

It's not a victim's name that needs to be known, but the act and the violater ought to be told to everyone. There ARE ways to go about that.

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

"You seem awfully willing to accept being violated" Are you trying to say that im ok with being sexually abused??? I have been Raped 5 Times!!! Believe i am not and how dare you say that i panic when i go into crowds my husband always needs to be near by and the elders helped me through alot and you know nothing about me so you have no right to say that

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I thought you said you were molested or raped If so were the cops call and the molestor or rapist caught and arrested?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    and you know nothing about me so you have no right to say that

You're right, we don't. You haven't said anything about yourself yet, only came in and immediately went into jw defense mode.

So....?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit