I was sexually abused

by Mindyemt 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I got a mom who's a jw too.

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

i understand i guess im just hormonal right now..might be pregnant but i just dont know what to do my mom pressuring and things they believe in confuse me

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

whats your mom like?? she is like the most uptight witness part of the 144,000

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mindy, i'm sure most here will be willing to talk to you about your concerns, most will not tell you to leave the organasation, but, will warn you what we've been through. if you have an open mind, keep it open.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Mindyemt----Welcome.

I'm glad you were supported and helped. That's as it should be. I was not. And the situation has absolutely been covered over.

I am the third female (that I know that of) whom my JW ex-husband has sexually abused. The first two were his sisters, and the younger of them spoke out years ago and absolutely was NOT supported by her JW family/ congregation. And it was covered over. The abuser (my ex) was instead protected by the collective silence--thus, left to abuse again...as he later did with me...and, I'm quite certain, will do with any wife future...and, as I fear, he may likely later do with any female grandchildren who are regularly close to him.]

It's about protecting future victims...and validating/ healing those already victim. It sounds like, perhaps, you received the validation from congretational efforts which enabled you to feel supported through your ordeal. Good for you.

Unfortunately, it seems, a case like yours is the exception rather than the rule...but glad to hear that yours was handled satisfactorily for you. Please consider the devastation caused to those very many for whom it is not. A few cases handled well does not negate the overwhelming weight of a majority of cases handled poorly.

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

oh im not in the organization anymore i left when i meet my husband

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

My husband feels that they brainwashed me about things

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

She's a mom, bitchy at times but sometimes I am too (I'm a mom also). Didn't let her pressure me to be a jw. Had to be sure if it was the truth or not. Found out it wasn't...way before the internet...by way of reading old watchtowers and awakes.

• Mindyemt
    Mindyemt

What was in the old magazines

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mindy, if i were you, i'd do research on cults, and mind control. not brainwashing, mind control. don't read stuff about the witnesses, just cults and mind control in general. then, apply them to your experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit