Isn't Jehovah a wonderful God?

by nvrgnbk 118 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

Do the witnesses have witch hunts still?

And if you're wondering why I ask, it's just so I'll know if I need a head start to RUN AWAY!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

NRV....im ashamed of you...now I dont want you to come to the fest! (oh wait, your bringing some beer) Nevermind, I will be ashamed after the fest! Ya think he could hold off on armagedon till then?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    They've been reminding us of this fact for more than 100 years, will we ever learn?

Yes brinjen, nearly 130 years.

But, much like the Israelites, some of us are stiff-necked.

• bobld
    bobld

Just to show the mental thinking of a JW.When doing the weekly Bible reading in Ezekiel Ch.9 where Jehovah gave instructions to KILL every old man, young man, virgin and LITTLE CHILD.I was asked if I would kill those people.I said never, I'am not a murderer besides to kill a little baby is insane.The person said, what you would not do what Jehovah asked? My reply,it make me sick to the stomach that you would even ask me such a question.

Bob

• ringo5
    ringo5
    I look forward to the day that the WTS has to answer to God. They have brought great reproach on God and have made people fear a loving God, they threaten people with Armaggedon and Gehanna, and they keep every JW fearful of being disfellowshipped, witnesses have been abused , and some have died for refusal of blood, or others have committed suicide because the WTS destroys the core of the families

Just curious OFC, what specific judgement would you be satisfied with?

We all know Jehovah's usual smiting ways, and they are rarely pleasant.

But would the judgement of the goats by the kinder, gentler Jesus at Matthew 25:41 please you?

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels

Or perhaps just simple sword play (Matthew 10:34-36)

34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Remember, the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree....

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I didn't believe it, but it's true...

I saw Brother NVR out on the ministry today !

alt

I imagine he was showing that worldy chap the bit in the Bible Teach book about all beardies being destroyed at armageddon ???

• eclipse
    eclipse

LMAO

That bearded fellow looks like he's thinking about all the cute JW girls that he will have chance to talk to....or about the next bong session he is looking forward too, not sure which,

but that gleam in his eye is definitely NOT for that stupid publication!

nice suit & tie, nvr

LL

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    My only concern about you is that you talk about Jesus way too much.

Brother Nvr, this is because I being of the annointed class and having the heavenly hope may address Jesus as my mediator and so speak of him more, unlike the rest of you faithful dumbasses other sheep who have the earthly hope.

I pray that this answers your concerns.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

My only concern about you is that you talk about Jesus way too much.

Brother Nvr, this is because I being of the annointed class and having the heavenly hope may address Jesus as my mediator and so speak of him more, unlike the rest of you faithful dumbasses other sheep who have the earthly hope.

I pray that this answers your concerns.

Ooops ! Sounds like a doctrinal squabble. May I direct the two brothers to the following article...

*** w96 7/15 pp. 16-17 Maintain Unity in These Last Days ***

Cling to the Truth

As part of Jehovah’s family of worshipers, we maintain unity because all of us are "taught by Jehovah" and hold firmly to his revealed truth. (John 6:45; Psalm 43:3) Since our teachings are based on God’s Word, all of us speak in agreement.We gladly accept the spiritual food made available by Jehovah through "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45-47) Such uniform teaching assists us to maintain our unity worldwide.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes. That's right AO.

Unity above all else.

Like one dear brother explained it to me, if we allowed indedpendent thinking, the brothers would be running ahead of the arrangement all the time. That would bring terrible reproach on Jehovah, and sadden the glorious ones.

Reminds me of a saying I like:

I'd rather have answers I can't question, than questions I can't answer.

That's what I love about the faithful and discreet slave.

Even when they don't understand something, they tell us they do and make something up.

And then, they lovingly banish all those that proudly reject their assumptions.

In Satan's world, people are always discussing things, trying to learn from one another, even from people of differing viewpoints.

Isn't it a blessing to belong to an organization where no differing viewpoints are allowed?

It's so much easier that way. We don't have to be bothered with all that thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit