The Natural Beauty of Your Neighborhood

by compound complex 293 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Have your summer flowers yet been kissed by Jack Frost?

He's lurking here in the shadows of the Sierra foothills.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hi Coco, My mom and I have started walking in the morning....(as soon as it's light...about 7:10). It's been about 70 degrees and dry air....finally!!!!......we walk past a lovey lake, but no changed foilage at this point..... still too warm. I take my more obedient dog, and he is soooo thankful. He had to stop and just stare at the lake awhile just like a human. His eyes sparkled, and he breathed deeply and had a huge Doberman grin on his face....a sign of happiness.

Just like us. The dry air is such a relief for people and animals here in Florida.

r.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I live close to a vary long bike path that follows the Ottawa River. It is beautiful; alive with Canada Geese, Mallards ducks, plenty of gophers, chipmunks, squirrels and wild bunnies. All this 5 minutes from downtown Ottawa. A Great Blue Heron surprised me one day

Great Blue Heron

5 minutes from where I live along the river

alt

Lately I have taken to getting on a bus and riding through the city making mental notes of streets I would like to go back to. Sometimes I arrive at a park. Other times I arrive at homes with an abundance of rich colores - often flowers I have never seen before.

Since Ottawa is the capital of Canada we have many embassies. I spent one summer hunting them down and enjoying the interesting variewyt of archetecture. My favorite was Sweden. The building blended into the surrounding landscaping perfectly.

Sometimes I just look out my window

alt

I always travel with a

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Ladies:

restrangled:

I'm glad to hear that you and your Mother are spending time together. The time I spent in the Midwest and East Coast had a handful of days such as you describe. In the fall and in the spring.

Enjoy it!

Lady Lee:

Whether you're simply looking out your window and trailing along the streets with camera in hand, what you have in Ottawa is gorgeous. The shot of those trees turning colors is almost identical to what I see a few houses up and down my neighboorhood. The California Sierras are similar to the East Coast seasonally and in manner of deciduous tree color.

Thanks much to both of you!

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

I've just started to carry my camera on my morning walk in my new neighborhood. I saw a Heron? Egret? the first morning, and have carried it since. Haven't seen another.

In my yard this morning.

CIMG1635.jpgCIMG1633.jpg

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Beks,

How beautiful! Thanks.

-LWT

• compound complex
    compound complex

A rose by any other name is ... beks....

Lovely!

Thank you,

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

CoCo, with those looks, and that charm...........................irresistible!!

Look what I found this morning!

CIMG1639.jpg picture by beksbksDoesn't he look like he should be wearing a tux? Look at those knees!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Beks,

Yours and Lady Lee's make quite the pair!

Tux and tails are de rigueur!

Merci!

CoCo

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Beks

Good catch. In 4 years here I have only spotted a heron 4 or 5 times - most often when I was too far to get a picture. They like to hide in the brush it seems, in the hopes of snagging lunch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit