The Natural Beauty of Your Neighborhood

by compound complex 293 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I do love this thread CoCo. It's so pleasant and happy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I can't wait either, Ber. I dance in the first rains of autumn and gambol upon the verdure of the graceful slopes . . .

CHEERS!

CoCo vert

The rain, continuous for several days now, would surely flood us out were we not holding firmly to an upper elevation plot of land. I bolted once again yesterday afternoon despite Wind's gleeful promise to drive Brother Rain down my otherwise tightly-drawn jacket collar and firmly-laced boots. It was a wash, but I had to get out. What distant hills showed through the pummeling downpours and less ferocious but still entwining and scurrying mists were set off in vague relief, their black-green against an all-enveloping gray. Houses of every description, foundations grasping tenaciously to inclines perceived less menacing in times of sunshine and fair winds, shuddered in the bluster of long-delayed, pent up winter fury. The weather has eased somewhat, and the hillside homes shake themselves off, awaiting the next round.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Is that yours Coco? It's awesome. I see and feel it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Ber, thanks; I lifted it from an earlier page. It describes my wintery 'hood in the Sierra foothills.

Totally forgot about this thread.

Thanks for bringing it back.

Love,

CoCo

• LV101
    LV101

CoCo I swear your walks sounds mesmerizing. Too bad you can't give guide-tour walks -

• compound complex
    compound complex

So good hearing from you, LV101! I appreciate your kind words.

What is so wonderful about my 'hood is that it is reminiscent of my childhood surroundings . . . who says you can never go home?!?!?

Best.

CoCo

• cantleave
  • cantleave
  • cantleave
  • cantleave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit