The Natural Beauty of Your Neighborhood

by compound complex 293 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

This is my town - Kelowna

Love the city in every way. Not too big, friendly, summers are hot and dry and winters are mild with enough snow to enjoy winter sports. IMO best place in Canada to live.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, diamondiiz:

Looks much like my former home - beautiful! I appreciate your sharing that breathtaking view with us.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

How are things looking today? It's pretty soggy here, though an all-night rainfall came and went on little cat's feet ...

Blue is breaking through and a wan sun shows reluctantly.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Interesting that the last post should mention a swiftly passing rainstorm. Today's - 28 June - is one designated by the National Weather Service as a winter storm, with attendant warnings. After a lengthy winter, Summer burst onto the scene with bravado and blue skies and is now bowing out for a moment ...

Oh why wasn't I born with wings that I could effortlessly glide from tree top to tree top instead of this clumsy dance I find myself doing.

Hopscotch

My sentiments, forever and always.

Thanks!

CoCo

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hugs and Kisses CoCo!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I was just thinking of you, dear "B"; here you are on a dusty old thread!

Love and peace to you!

CoCo, ton ami

• compound complex
    compound complex

Once again, Sun breaks through
    a persistent cover of clouds, but

This time He is robust, not a timorous
    and inglorious star limping pathetically

Across a watery sky... He makes himself
    felt as we happily shed our coats, scarves.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Well it's not exactly my neighborhood, but it's where I've been living for the past week. I love it dearly

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

In my yard, with the same Pentax underwater camera. Which I am loving

• Open mind
    Open mind

This place is between 5-60 minutes from our front door. (As are all the photos I'll post.) It's on the peninsula south of San Francisco, CA about 20 miles. It's an estate formerly owned by some tycoon early in 20th century and it's called FILOLI. FI = FIGHT, LO = LOVE, LI = LIVE. “Fight for a just cause; Love your fellow man; Live a good life.” It's now open to the public.

http://www.filoli.org/

Filolisky

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit