The Natural Beauty of Your Neighborhood

by compound complex 293 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Our son at Filoli a couple years ago.

Filoli1

• Open mind
    Open mind

My DFed brother and my son on the green roof of the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco a couple years ago.

academyofscience1

And my wife and son inside the Ca Academy of Sciences standing next to some humanoid skulls much older than 6,000 years.

academyskulls

• Open mind
    Open mind

Same trip my DFed brother came to visit, we did a guided "mural walk" through the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco.

Mural1

This one below was one of my favorites. It's on the wall of a restaurant called "Range". Very $$$, but very tasty.

Range

That's all for today. Thanks for starting this thread Coco.

om

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I'm lucky to live in Pembrokeshire, West Wales (about 6 miles from the sea).

I don't know how to make things clickable, but this is a gallery of photos:

http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/content.asp?id=2283

• Open mind
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Thanks!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I live in a log cabin, although I have many windows, my wood walls don't reflect any light, therefore my house is dark inside. The first thing I do on awaking is open the blinds. This morning, when I opened the blinds above the sink, I spied some birds in my neighbors front yard, which is behind my cabin. I don't know what kind of birds they were, but they looked like geese; two large and two small birds. I watched them for awhile, just enjoying them. My cabin is surrounded by pine trees; there must be 50 of them. The ground is covered with pine cones and pine straw. Last week, while walking my dogs, I saw a rabbit, that had been hiding in some weeds, run across the lawn. I want to put some weed killer on the lawn, but when I see all the wildlife in my yard, I hesitate to do it. Squirrels are everywhere, jumping from tree to tree and stealing food from the bird feeders.I see cardinals, woodpeckers,and robins quite frequently, especially in the early Spring. I can't help but feel responsible for these creatures. We all share this piece of land and I don't want to do anything to harm them. I guess I feel that it was their home before it was mine. Oh, yes. I forgot the vultures, they are always around to see what's happening. Deer are also both a joy to see and a danger to watch out for while driving.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Open mind and Berengaria,thanks for the pictures. Isn't nature just beautiful. Makes you glad to be alive to enjoy it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Ber, OM, Joe and PHG for reopening and contributing!

OM: what you offered here has special and proximate meaning for me ... will share that with you later.

Gratefully,

CoCo, SF and Denizens

• eva luna
    eva luna

Wow, that is a very beautiful and interesting place OPEN MIND.

I have never heard of it and I am very close by.

I've been thinking about taking a gardening class and doing some volunteer work. Being a volunteer there, would be a way to learn and support - give back.

I have flower design experiance too.

I know were I'll be heading out to Satureday.

Many thank yous, and thank you to CoCo for starting this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit