The Natural Beauty of Your Neighborhood

by compound complex 293 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Its a little cloudy here but not densely clouded as it was yesterday. the clouds are ringed with pale pink and gold but with a dense dark interior. They are on the move, so I think we will get patches of heavy rain. Very pretty though.

I think I might plant a moon garden too, this year.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Dearest CoCo,

I have to thank you for this thread. I have my camera in hand most of the time, and I just love capturing something that stirs me. You have given me a place to share. I think we were observing very close to the same Northern California sky

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, quietlyleaving and beks:

After 3 weeks away, I'm back in my 'hood, though I was staying in one of California's loveliest valleys. Snow-capped peaks awaited each night's arrival of the lunar lamplighter to set their majesty aglow.

Please continue to shoot and share, beks.

CoCo

• ninja
    ninja

welcome back cokey..........yer mate da ninja

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, ninj - good to be back.

My Mysterious Mountain home of three weeks ... The resting place of the hummingbird.

CoCo

• ninja
    ninja

Mt. Umunhum.......

• compound complex
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

How are things in the 'hood today?

Lovely here in northern California, as I contemplate from afar the snow-capped peaks of the Coast Range ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

The rain, continuous for several days now, would surely flood us out were we not holding firmly to an upper elevation plot of land. I bolted once again yesterday afternoon despite Wind's gleeful promise to drive Brother Rain down my otherwise tightly-drawn jacket collar and firmly-laced boots. It was a wash, but I had to get out.

What distant hills showed through the pummeling downpours and less ferocious but still entwining and scurrying mists were set off in vague relief, their black-green against an all-enveloping gray. Houses of every description, foundations grasping tenaciously to inclines perceived less menacing in times of sunshine and fair winds, shuddered in the bluster of long-delayed, pent up winter fury.

The weather has eased somewhat, and the hillside homes shake themselves off, awaiting the next round ...

• Open mind
    Open mind

It rained here too.

(But I like your version better.)

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit