Are ex-JW still gullible or serpent-like?

by BEROEAN 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

BEROEAN, You seem to be soooooo cooooool. Untouchable even! You can do anything you want, right or wrong per Society's standards and nothing ever happens to you. You make it plain you don't contribute money, ever. You're "less than a desirable publisher", yet an elder, huh? You don't make the COs visit special and set an example because $$$ and work come first? Hmmm. You don't allow the Org. to manipulate and control you but you know that others are manipulated and controlled----and yet you stay!! No matter what you do publicly, you are never censured. Wow! You think the sheep are "gullible" but not you. You're too bright to be fooled. You even make light of the elderly man on the Writing Com.........Do you think people will believe your bull?

But I don't expect you to answer me as I've already got your number.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

BORING...I love the way you insult absolutely everyone, including the "sheep" that come to you. If you had even an ounce of compassion, empathy or honesty, you would level with the people you ridicule and explain that you are totally unqualified to dispense with any advice. Then you would proceed to beg their forgiveness for making a mockery of the position that you are supposed to represent.

But then again, that would require two traits that you know nothing about......Character and Humility

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Why are you here??? If all the things you say you truely believe and you are such an upstanding JW Elder why are you here posting with us?

Don't you have a bible study to conduct, family study with those wonderful kids and wife, field service, study for meeting?? Something???

I think, you think we are stupid and will believe whatever you bring here...NOT

Go away little troll or add something of substance to the forum! We've all had enough JW BS to last us a lifetime!!

nj

• davegod
    davegod

Hmmmnn...I reconsider. Re-conversion thru reverse pshycology and subjective apathy. Do you really think all on here are the social rejects? And offering them the chance to be one of the cool kids is healthy? For you or them. I admire how you pick and chose who to respond to, yet it reveals your agenda. Are you actually counting time by witnessing a false message of an false religion on an apostate site? Is that like eating your cake and puking it too? Like I said before, wrong path mack.

• Quandry
    Quandry

You said:

If it isn't found in the Bible, it goes against what God teaches.".

I guess more than anything, I would encourage everyone to ask questions.

Do you feel that the resurrection of the 144,000 began in 1919? Exactly where do you find that in the Bible? How about the new controversy over whether all the 144,000 were chosen by 1935 and all the new ones are replacements? Where exactly do you find that in the Bible? Are the 144,000 that are in heaven now "dispensing spiritual food" to ones on earth as has recently been suggested? Where do you find that in the Bible? If you do not agree with something are you really going to question these teachings of the "faithful slave?" How do you think you would be viewed? Have you tried this in the back room before?

Also, you neglected to answer my question about what the WTS would say about your "visits" here with us. What if you had to counsel a publisher about coming to internet sites? What would you say to him/her?

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

BORING..THE FACT THAT YOU ARE AN ELDER SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE WTS

Again, i'm not here saying the Org. is perfect. Far from it. But, as an Elder I see gullible "sheep" being taken advantage of by others often. They come crying to me asking if I can do anything. Sure. Let's read Proverbs 14:15, Job 34:3, 1 Thess. 5:21. So many are untrusting when it comes to "worldly" individuals, but let their guard down when they walk through the KH doors. Didn't Jesus say there would be wolves dressed in sheeps clothing?

So am I to surmise from this paragraph that the proactive approach you take as an elder is to blame the victim and read them scriptures as opposed to confonting the perpetrator and making sure it doesn't happen again? Sounds like a rather cowardly approach to me.

Please, please, please......I am not talking down to anyone here and i'm sorry if I come across that way. I get so angry when adults inside or outside the Org. are mad that other adults took advantage of them. I say adults because those of you that were kids in the truth are innocent. Personally, I wish I could take a baseball bat to your parents and whack some sense into them. It's their idiocy and their offenders that gives JDubs a bad name

. A bit like calling the kettle black

Jehovah said he would take the foolish things of the world to put the wise things to shame. Some of the foolish idiots in the Org. are too stupid to get out of their own way. Imagine what they'd do if the Org. wasn't around?!!!

Interesting use of scripture to describe your brothers and sisters.

BTW....Here is the scripture....

Paul told the Corinthians that"God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame; and God chose the ignoble things of the world and the things looked down upon, the things that are not, that he might bring to nothing the things that are, in order that no flesh might boast in the sight of God."

My interpretation of that scripture is this....there are posers and blowhards like yourself that are full of themselves, and talk the talk but don't walk the walk, and who don't have God's favor, then there are humble and honest hearted people who are not boastful or proud or have great wealth, but they possess a good character and are pleasing in God's eyes. Maybe even some of your brothers that you refer to as foolish idiots.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ha! Almost right.

Background? Where to start? Grew up on the "bad side" of town. Gang. Attempted murder. Mexico. Back Cross border with future wife. Married in Canada. Hustled. College. Kids. Hustled. Money. Seperated. Study. Truth. Hustled Again. ...

• poppers
    poppers

Borean, I wonder how many who are here have met others such as yourself while they were in, especially elders. My guess is that there are few like you. Which begs the question, "Why aren't there more such as yourself?" And, "what is it that prevents more from being like you profess to be?"

• poppers
    poppers

Borean, I wonder how many who are here have met others such as yourself while they were in, especially elders. My guess is that there are few like you. Which begs the question, "Why aren't there more such as yourself?" And, "what is it that prevents more from being like you profess to be?" Is it because people are sheep, or is it because people are convinced that they must be sheep following the lead of the WT, kowtowing to their every demand.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Now, i'm not saying I hang out with gay people, use profanity, or urinate in public and pass out in a drunken heap. But, those are things I wouldn't do even if I weren't in "THE TRUTH".

Where does your irrational prejudice against gay people stem from if not the JWs? Or do you mean to say you would not hang out with anyone who does anything you consider "wrong". Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners but you seem more like the pharisees who gave public prayers and enlarged their scripture containing cases and fringes on their garment for public display.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit