Are ex-JW still gullible or serpent-like?

by BEROEAN 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Hortensia,

Telling cops off? Huh?

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Who are you,

Way to take a post out of context. That post was in response to others talking about how they left because of "all of the strict rules" imposed on them. Strict rules like, "I wasn't allowed to have sex in high school." or "My parents didn't let me go Trick or Treating". So, my question was. At what point do they enforce their rules on others. because they wanted a life devoid of restrictions. Nice try though.

Nothing taken out of context. You have two tracks to your posts. Track one is to critisize others, track two is to post "look at me and how special I am" posts. Your posts seek to minimize others and inflate yourself. You are a classic A#1 blowhard.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"Maybe because my background does not allow for me to "blindly follow" anyone."

What's your background and how long have you been a Witness?

• minimus
    minimus

BEROEAN, you're just a blow! You try to minimize the things JWs have gone thru because they're not like you. At least we're not hypocrites like you are.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Who are you,

Steve Erkel? What are you talking about? I think most of the people on this board that are over 40, have adult children, and experienced the hardships of life will tell you the need to "fit in" and posing are days long gone. We leave those insecurities to your generation, Mr. "Ayes gonna chew you up en spit yous out fer breakfast!". I have neither the time, or desire to waste on the likes of you.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Are ex-JW still gullible

NO. You and others like you, still trapped in the lie, are the gullible ones.

Ex jws left their gullibility behind them when they saw through the watchtower bulls**t and got out.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Who are you,

Steve Erkel? What are you talking about? I think most of the people on this board that are over 40, have adult children, and experienced the hardships of life will tell you the need to "fit in" and posing are days long gone. We leave those insecurities to your generation, Mr. "Ayes gonna chew you up en spit yous out fer breakfast!". I have neither the time, or desire to waste on the likes of you.

I'm glad you understood my post. Yes I am calling you a poser.

A poser is someone who perpetually pretends to be something they are not. It is exactly what you are. You fool only yourself.

• minimus
    minimus

A "poser"= "a blow".

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Golpher,

"Behaving" like a troll doesn't mean that I "am" a troll. If there's another category you find more attractive, so be it. My original post was to those who were in the Org. with that starry eyed, "Off to see the Wizard" disposition. The question is if they still have that optimistic view of things or have they become jaded. So guarded and protective of their feelings that they move with the caution of a serpent. No hidden agenda. No pscho-babble. Just a simple question. Of course, seeking to see if I have some ulterior motive really does answer the question, doesn't it? I don't blame you or anyone else for being "suspicious". For me, I've always been that way. I've never given that much trust to anyone so as to get duped that badly! If the Org. told everyone to sell their belongings because Jehovah said so, I'd still be rich. I'd still own my houses, cars, business, stocks, and life would be "business as usual".

It's unfortunate what happened to so many people in the Org. during it's "infancy" and "teen age" stages. I remember asking a girl that went to my school why she always wore skirts. She said it was against her religion to wear blue jeans. I recall a mom yelling at a classmate of mine because we were playing fast pitch. The look on his face was etched in my brain.

I can't understand how that happened. Of course, we can't understand how Jim Jones killed so many people, Adolf Hitler rose to power, and Billy Graham! Lol! The entire time I studied the Bible, my BSC etched in my brain, "We do not follow any man, we follow Jehovah. If it isn't found in the Bible, it goes against what God teaches.".

I guess more than anything, I would encourage everyone to ask questions. Get a second opinion. Do research. Listen to your instincts!

Boerean

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Tenebreux,

Thanks for your answer. By your post, I can tell you truly have a kind heart. My heart is way beyond that. Growing up in "the world" (30 years), I did and saw things that made my heart so calloused it scares me even today. Having the ability to be cold and calculating is good in the world, but a real kill joy when trying to draw close to Jehovah. I hope no harm ever comes your way and your life is filled with peace.

I always wondered what I would have done if I had become an Atheist. A life without wondering if there's a "higher authority" to answer to. Chilling. Thankfully, I found a beautiful woman that I am deeply in love with and we've had two beautiful kids together. It's for them that I stay on the straight and narrow and my personal relationship with Jehovah that I live for.

Thanks Again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit