MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

The requirements to be met by NGO's have remained constant for 32 + years. This paper provides a decent summary; maybe it has been noted before - http://www.uia.org/uiadocs/unngos.htm

Here is one statmenet from that paper:

Secretary-General Boutros Boutros Ghali, addressing NGO representatives at the UN in September 1994, made this very clear when he said:

"I want you to consider this your home. Until recently, these words might have caused astonishment. The United Nations was considered to be a forum for sovereign states alone. Within the space of a few short years, this attitude has changed. Non-governmental organizations are now considered full participants in international life".

I'd emphasize in any statements that the press releases, especially since they don't specificy the WTS, are simply a restatement of requirements found in Res. 1296/7 (1968). The paper above explains why 1991/2 saw such an increase in NGO's. In other words, the rules were in place for more than 20 years before the WT joined. (Paragraph edited for clarity and typos).

Addendum: Now having seen the press releases, I certainly agree that they are compelling. However, the Dub mind will still look for loopholes, as in "these are press releases which don't name the WTS." I'd suggest stressing the point that UN resolutions 1296/7 (1968) are the ultimate arbiters of the requirements and that the releases, while not official statements of policy, re-emphasize yet again those resolutions which [i]are[\i] officially binding.

Obviously the WTS could have pulled out in 1992 when these statements were made public if if didn't understand!

• Dogpatch
  • mommy
    mommy

I have spent mucho time on the net, researching this subject. I have asked at times questions of those who know more than I and had more time than I, things I did not understand or know. Wannahelp has been a very good sounding board for me and all my "little finds" But it appears that those who have more knowledge on this subject are not telling me what they know. In essence, this is a waste of the available time I have.

I posted:
    Oct 14, 2001 9:26:36 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Morning all
    An anonymous person sent an email to me with all of the Press releases for the first half of 1992. I am unable to write back and thank them, so I will do so publicly. Thank you!

After reading through the articles I was unable to find an official welcoming to the WTBTS. But, I know there has to be a public record indicating this, I will continue to look for it. Also Wannahelp has emailed me some information that also looks promising.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hawk you then publish this as breaking news today. To me I feel like I am not accomplishing anything. And basically running into prideful men who are looking for recognition. I may be wrong, but if I continue an investigation, I will do so alone. Without the need to report to others what I find until my report is finished. But what a waste! We are all working towards the same goal. I asked on two occasions what you or anyones else knew of Quandrennial reports, I even brought the topic back to the top when I saw you were posting on the board. It could have saved me hours of useless research if you had given me this information before.

There are so many websites and so many times NGO's are clumped together, as just the title NGO. I thought I had found some information this morning, I was wrong. Unless I go and knock on the door, and request to get the info I want, I don't think I will be able to find it on the web. So I am signing off, and giving my eyes a rest. I have not to this point found anything that links the WTBTS to anything else but being associated with the DPI in the UN I just found out about this whole issue last Friday and I must say it has pulled the rug out from underneath me. I tackled it as I do everything in life, head on. But this project is too large to take on alone.

The information is too scarce and the database to large for me to try and tackle alone. If there was a few who would coroborate with me, and we did this in an organized fashion, I know we would accomplish more, and more quickly. But after asking for help from those more knowledgeable and being denied that help. I must stop chasing after a ghost I want to find. If anyone would like to share information on this and we can exchange ideas perhaps we can get more accomplished.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Hawkaw and all the others,

thanks for the constant updating of the

informations together with the supporting documentation

and the precious comments.

I'have already seen the Guardian article from Steve Bates,

excellent piece of information. It has been translated

already in some European languages.

I'm also waiting for these DPI informations and the

- archive - for this subjects will be even more

complete. I do agree that attention should be paid

to use the correct - terminology - to avoid loopholes

in the defense of ...WRONGDOING!

The repercussion here in Western Europe are great and

many seem to be surprised, shocked, ...some don't seems

to believe until you show them the all "SET " of the

documentation, including the web's links.

Hawk, can I suggest that all comments and additional

information, documentation on this subject, even posted

somewhere alse, should be posted HERE TOO, with the aim

af having a complete STORY and PICTURE of this... in a sort

of chronological order. It would be much easier for all those

who couldn't follow it from the beginning i.e. the thread

" United Nations, NGO's and the WTBS".

Thanks to you and all the others for the efforts, the time

and ...money spent in followiung thoroughly this special

subjects...HIDDEN for so long to the JW's " worldwide

brotherhood"!!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Eagerly waiting for those DPI documents!

Last point - the WTBS was still on the UN
    list on the 15.10.2001!

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Kent
    Kent

These Press releases are copies of the original press releases. To verify the releases are not frauds please contact the United Nations library at [email protected] and they will verify them for you. Also to locate releases please note that the 14 February 1992 Press Release has a file number "NGO/208 PI/775" and the 7 August 1992 Press Release has a file number "NGO/211 PI/770

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wendy,

Quite frankly on the weekends I am not looking over all the posts on the boards. I spend my time with my wife and son. I only do a quick review of some posts during the weekend as bible examiner knows well. I had no idea that you had the press releases. I apologize to you Wendy.

However, Wendy I don't need the "pride" you are referring to as my other real job gets me a lot more recognition (way too much actually) than this and the only thing I am really proud about and like to show off is my family. I am just here helping and getting the information out in the PUBLIC right away when I get it.

If you read over the large thread that was created by MacH you would have seen what the different types of NGOs there are with the UN. Mad Apostate was very clear on this and so was I. I noticed your post yesterday morning for the first time on the NGO thing and I immediately posted something to help you. I know, I made the same mistake you did and it cost me two (that's 2) days of research and really put me in the dumpers. I am sorry didn't know about it. I also noticed you brought up the "partnership" issue as well. You are one of two people (the other Mad Apostate) that has actually recognized the significance of this. You can read Mad Apostate's comments on the big thread of MacH's.

As far as I knew this board did not have the press releases posted here nor were they at Kent's site or Randy's site for ALL TO SEE. The press releases are important to show the "criteria" of the day and that is a real killer because a lot of JWs have tried to use the argument that the criteria was different back then.

Now there is one more piece of the puzzle that may help Wendy. Its the old brochure. I have found a NGO who is associated with DPI close to where I live and I will see what they can offer me. I also no wannahelp is going to the UN as well to get the new brochure.

Listen do you want me to Email you to help co-ordinate this so you don't get pi$$ed at me again? I really don't want people upset at me I just want to help. Its your call.

hawk

• Dino
    Dino

bttt, Dino

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Mommy/Wendy:

"Your problems" were not caused by other's lack of support. "Your problems" were caused by your own failure to even take the time to read what other people here had previously posted in the Big WBTS-UN-NGO thread.

For someone who was so-all-fired-up to do research, you didn't even do the simplest of research, reading what was already posted at JW.com.

You owe Hawkaw a big apology!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Kent and Randy too,

Thanks for the post.

You can move your curser onto the above-noted pictures of the press releases. Then right click and save to your hard drive.

Have fun people and Kent is provided you the tool to verify the documents are for real.

MacH.

I will from now on post all documents I get here.

Trib.

I agree, Resolution 1296 is another killer piece of the pie. Thanks for reposting it again. It is also on the "big thread" about the United Nations, WTS and NGOs for all to see.

hawk

• Jourles
    Jourles

We all know that Lloyd Barry had his signature on the application. Now the question is, did the rest of the GB know about it, and did they achieve a 2/3 vote to go ahead with this association? Regardless of whether or not they voted on this matter is inconsequential. They have been associated for 10 years with perks. You cannot tell me that other GB members did not know about these perks that come with the NGO status...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit