CIGAR AFICIONADOS?

by nvrgnbk 88 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    (never had one but I like what I see and am heading out tomorrow to the store to see if i can get a couple for the weekend).

I'll grab some for you bro. My smokedude has a decent stash.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Just enjoyed an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway yesterday. Very pleasant smoke.

The Hemmingway series by Fuente is the most popular all figurado line in the world, boasting a flavorful Cameroon wrapper.

The Hemmingway series was the first limited edition extension the Fuentes introduced. The line gets its name from famed novelist Ernest Hemmingway and started in three sizes: Classic, Signature, and Short Story. Each cigar in the line is a perfecto shape and has a Dominican filler and binder with a Cameroon wrapper. It is a medium to full-bodied cigar with lots of rich earthy flavors and a pleasant spicy finish. Wood aromas are also detected on the palate as an underlying aroma.

While the line in and of itself is one of the rarest and most respected cigars in the world and the production of all the sizes is limited, the Fuentes have special releases for some of the harder to find shapes. Around Father’s Day and Christmas aficionados are lucky if they can track down their favorite Hemmingway sizes in the maduro wrapper, which is a slightly sweeter and stronger version of its Cameroon counterpart. The maduros in this line are some of the hardest to find non-Cuban cigars in the world, particularly the Untold Story and the Between The Lines.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I like stogies in the corona or robusto format...CT wrapper

Macando, TeAmo, LaGloria Cubana...like genuine cohibas when I can get them.....here is my cigar tattoo

alt

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Rwagoner, did you realize that that tat is a metaphor suggestive of the meaning of life?

• Frank75
    Frank75

rwagoner:

Great smokes all of them. You know to be honest, the fake Cohiba's were'nt bad at all either. But up here you can get authentic so go for it!

NVR:

I have been on business so I haven't had a cigar in a week or so. I got one I am dieing to review!

I am in Alberta where there is a renouned wholesaler of Cubans. The bonus is I can buy without the provincial tax which they do not have in here. Going tomorrow, so I will see what i can get!!!

Frank75

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...Alberta..No Tax on Cigars???..Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hey frank I just got thru smoking a cuban. I got from a friend in the cigar buisness, all I can say is that thing was smooth. I look forward to getting my hands on some more.

• Frank75
    Frank75

DF - Maybe we can smoke a few together! You ever down TO way?

Outlaw - Come on bro! I said Provincial tax. In Ontario it is 7%! Sure there's plenty of other tax in there, but I'll take the 7% and a box of the La Trinidads which are hard to get at most Cigar shops in TO. $48 each or $38 bx/24 Robusto Extra's! 7% is a pile! You do the math!

Frank75

• Frank75
    Frank75

OK Cigar stinkers!

I just got back the other day and have had a chance to puff on a Trinidad Colonial. It is a strong edition of the Cuban style, not too acidic on the throat, good draw and not an overwhelming amount of smoke.

It seems I will need to wait for the Trinidad maduro. The Cubans have been slow to react to the maduro trend, but they have produced some nicely aged special editions. A few I purchased for later are Cohiba LE Sublime (good and fat) 2004 edicion limitada, Bolivar Royal Coronas and Partagas Serie D No 4.

The dealer I met had a 3 pack sampler of the Trinidad maduros soon to hit the market. No matter how much I begged he would not part with any of them.

Here is a review that matched my experience with the Coloniales:

Review #43: From presentation to construction, this cigar is pure class. The moment you light up you know that you're in for a treat. If you like chocolate and vanilla with a tinge of spice, this cigar will deliver in spades. Smooth, consistent with perfect burn. Drink something light, don't rush your draw and you'll enjoy its subtle flavors. - Submitted by

I definitely got the chocolate, no vanilla but more a creamy mocha flavor. The smell of the tobacco before lighting up was almost minty, wrapper felt great to the touch too. That is the art of storing them well at the cigar shop and then when you bring it home unless you smoke right away.

Toward the end my mouth was filled with the taste of nuts, walnut predominantly but there was just a nice nutty taste to the experience. Combined it was like Nuttella. At times there was a honey like sweetness to the smoke which gave an overall taste of a Tobleron bar. Burn was nice although I got talking and it went out on me a couple of times. The lesson? Shut up and enjoy the moment which can last a good 45-50 minutes! In the air the dispersed odor was a spice fragrance that was pleasing to those with me at the time. I am going to let the rest age which should bring about an even better melding of these flavors.

Enjoy!

Frank75

alt

\||/
    (0 0)
    -----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo-------------

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I just had an epiphany!

CAO Vision Epiphany

Nice!

Share this