CIGAR AFICIONADOS?

by nvrgnbk 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75
    I like Acid Nastys. Great little pyramid shaped Maduro

666:

I am not a fan of the Acid Nasty's. Acidic and nasty was my first impression years back - go figure! Sorta like Philly Blunts. One message board contributor said he would rather "light up a Cat Turd" than one of those! Wonder what that would be like!

But then again when I ordered Lagavulin 16 YO about 20 years back in a restaurant, I actually sent it back and complained to the Maitre Dee! Now I love it!

Was not aware that Nasty made a maduro, but I see they have an Atom Maduro. Possibly worth another crack at it?

I believe in second chances!

50 of these for $120 is a bit more than AyC, must be the Nicarauguan Maduro leaf!

I suppose that's a tad better than $450 for 25 Ashton Maduro's! LOL

Frank75

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thoroughly enjoyed an Ashton ESG after a long day's work.

http://www.ashtoncigar.com/Ashton-ESG.jsp

Took nearly an hour to burn through it.

Worth every penny!

• Frank75
    Frank75

Ashton ESG!

Hey now you're talking. At $25-30 a pop it seperates the men from the boys! If you can find 'em!

Hey can you loan me some cash until payday? After all the beer, scotch and stog's I'm a little short.

Frank75

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hey can you loan me some cash until payday? After all the beer, scotch and stog's I'm a little short.

No prob Frank75!

I'll eventually work my way up to the A y Cs. But I thought I'd start off with the ESGs.

• Frank75
    Frank75

Ouch!

All the way from the DMZ, it's NVR on the QT.

Thanks bro.

Frank75

Pronounced Fronk as in honk

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

I would like to understand the science behind cigars and scotch/cognac.

Why do these usually pair well together?

From a practical standpoint, do they really complement each other?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I guess the ellder will weigh in here, Maconudo's during the week, an Ashton or Cohiba on the weekend. Checkout http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/

EW

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

OK, I just fished a couple of wrappers out of my boss's ashtray (ugh!), and they say "Don Thomas Maduro" and "Don Thomas Clasico." I'd like to get him cigars for Christmas, but something nicer than these. (And maybe start saving up for it now, or see if other employees will go in on it with me.) Based on his taste, what would you recommend?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I guess the ellder will weigh in here, Maconudo's during the week, an Ashton or Cohiba on the weekend.

Thanks for the link ellderwho. It would appear we have similar taste. Good health to you!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

OK, I just fished a couple of wrappers out of my boss's ashtray (ugh!), and they say "Don Thomas Maduro" and "Don Thomas Clasico." I'd like to get him cigars for Christmas, but something nicer than these. (And maybe start saving up for it now, or see if other employees will go in on it with me.) Based on his taste, what would you recommend?

Hi gwyneth!

Perhaps Rocky Patels? They may be just a little smoother. But I'm no expert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit