An "Apostate" partakes at the JWs Memorial

by dedpoet 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

Somehow, I just don't think that is right...She no longer believes in the watchtower so why do such a disrespectful thing at their meeting. It is after-all their belief, even if they got it all wrong.

• rosa
    rosa

this reminds me in the 80's when a lot of brothers came to district conventions with their camcorders. It was a party of different cameras, one better than other.

Maybe after this movie recorded by Brenda, WTS will point at publications: "it's not proper to Christian to record a single meeting, even an special meeting."

• Namasti
    Namasti

Right on, Yea--so true so true-- and written so eliqulently too......Inbyathread.

I say whatever it takes to relieve our minds and hearts of all the horror, torture and mind games they put us through while we were in their prison. Who cares what they feel about it, what they say or whatever--it's not about them anymore. You know why she did it---BECAUSE SHE CAN.

• Purza
    Purza

I don't post very often, but I saw the video. Although I would never step foot again in a KH -- not even to mock the memorial, I applaude what she did. People say its disrespectful. Whatever. I have been so disrespected by the JWs that I feel no pity for the poor followers that believe all that sh*t. I have been treated like dirt by my old "friends" after I gave my life to that organization. My own family has disowned me. I have no pity for the whole lot of them.

Purza

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok, well I cant view the video because it takes too long to load,

I wont be quick to Judge Brenda, whatever floats her boat is fine with me. For me personally I wouldnt do it, not because of offending the JW's or their stupid persecution complex, but because Jesus spoke about partaking unworthily, and to take the bread and wine only for comedic effects, that would be kinda sacreligious. Everything else is fair game, including picketing the memorial, distributing flyers, whatever.

I respect Brenda's rights to do whatever brings her happiness, even if it something silly like that.

What would have been really funny is for her to stand up and ask really loud--"Hey are gonna wash feet now?"

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I found that video hilarious. she almost drank the whole bottle!!. I liked the part where she thought the speaker was talking about her (a little paranoia perhaps ) . Many posters have said that this was showing disrespect. I disagree. We must remember that the WTS approves of ANYONE that walks of the street and gulps down some wine. Brenda Lee might have started a whole new wave of mock remnant just waiting to get on You Tube.

BTW look closely at the video . Brenda holds up a copy of the May1 st 2007 QFR article(for about 5 seconds). Notice the yellow highlighting on that QFR article she is holding. AHEM... who do you think put the yellow highliter on that article?? (ME OF COURSE - YES CULTSWATTER WHO DOES NOT WANT TO BLOW HIS HORN) So I thank you Brenda very much for getting my MS WORD document into the movies!!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well..I was one that didn't agree with Richie going back to the hall with his girlfriend in a revealing dress...but after doing some soul searching I realized it was just something that he had to do. Who am I to judge?

I feel the same way with Brenda...I do agree the gum was over the top but she was probably very nervous..at least it looked that way to me. She obviously thought it was something she had to do. I know a lot of old timers used to think they SHOULD partake..it took a lot of talking by the brothers to convince them that they shouldn't. They come in from other religions thinking ALL should partake. Brenda had probably rebeled at that idea and fought it for many years. Now she did what came naturally to her..she partook. On Camera...

Snoozy..

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Cultswatter does not want to blow his horn (I PUT THE YELLOW HIGHLITER IN PEOPLE _ PRAISE THE LORD!!!)

• undercover
    undercover

Low class act in my opinion.

This wasn't about her heavenly hope, it wasn't about her freedom to do as she pleased, it was to create a scene. She filmed it and played it up for her camera.

So the JWs are wrong about the 144,000. If we can't sit quietly and let them practice their holy night the way they want to, then we should just not attend. If one really felt that they needed to partake, one could do it without the hamming it up and recording it to put on the Internet just for laughs.

It's this kind of stupidity that gives those of us who are trying real hard to get our JW relatives to accept that not all who "leave" the organization are vindictive, evil trouble makers. Yea, part of the problem is that JWs look at the world in black and white terms...good and evil, for or against. But everytime someone pulls this kind of juvenile stunt it just makes it that much harder to get JWs to look past the their generic view of "apostate". This film will validate to many JWs that all those who have left the organization have stooped to this kind of behavior and they will not look at the real issues that are raised by many "apostates" and ex-JWs.

• TheKings
    TheKings

firstly, i doubt a JW's opinion of "apostates" could ever be worsened. As a JW i didn't think for more than two seconds about what "apostates" did, and i had glimpsed a couple online "apostate" videos which were very 'rabid' while stille active. When the time came for me to want to leave the organization those memories didn't keep me form realizing the truth. you must remember that when someone starts to leave the org they never think of themselves as an "apostate" ... so that has nothing to do with them having doubts.

secondly, ...she stated that it was for the benefit ex-jws, not for current jws. i got a laugh out of it. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit