An "Apostate" partakes at the JWs Memorial

by dedpoet 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I wouldn't personally do what Brenda did, I vowed never to enter a kh again after the
    last time I went, and I never will. Brenda hasn't been to a hall for over 20 years, so it's
    doubtful if any jws knew her anyway. They would probably have thought she is a born
    again Christian who would have partaken in line with their beliefs.

As for being disrespectful to jw beliefs, when are they respectful to any non-jw's beliefs?
    They regard any other religion apart from theirs as false anyway, and said so specifically
    in kn37, as well as in much of their literature over the years. As purps said, we were all
    lied to by the watchtower while we were jws, so if someone decides to go to their annual
    ceremony to reject Jesus' sacrifice and have a little fun at the jws expense while they are
    there, then good for them.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    As for being disrespectful to jw beliefs, when are they respectful to any non-jw's beliefs?

So, are you advocating basing our moral actions by the actions of jw's? How does this have anything to do with the video being absolutely juvenile and tasteless?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

John Doe

How does this have anything to do with the video being absolutely juvenile and tasteless?

You mean, kinda like your avatar?

purps

• John Doe
    John Doe

Red herring there, purps. But yes, I do not disagree that my avatar is juvenile and tasteless. I don't wave it around in places of worship, either. ;-)

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    So, are you advocating basing our moral actions by the actions of jw's?

I'm not advocating anything, merely expressing an opinion based on what I
    heard and observed of the attitude of the watchtower towards any other
    belief system during my time as a jw.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm not advocating anything, merely expressing an opinion based on what I heard and observed of the attitude of the watchtower towards any other belief system during my time as a jw.

Were you or were you not implying that Brenda's video was not in the wrong because of Witness actions and behavior? That's certainly what it looked like.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

John Doe,

I really dont think there is a position of right or wrong.

purps

just my unwanted 2cents thrown in there

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I thought it was tasteless and disrespectful, too. Disrespectful to individual witnesses to whom this was an important and sacred occasion. It was a very childish way to handle it, and certainly would not help to open anyone's eyes to the truth about the Watchtower organization. If anything, it would only serve to support them not being willing to look at anything other than what they believe, which I think is sad.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

They regard any other religion apart from theirs as false anyway, and said so specifically
    in kn37, as well as in much of their literature over the years. As purps said, we were all
    lied to by the watchtower while we were jws, so if someone decides to go to their annual
    ceremony to reject Jesus' sacrifice and have a little fun at the jws expense while they are
    there, then good for them.

I just watched it. I personally wouldn't do that but I can sure understand why SHE did. I agree with the idea that JWs have zero respect for any other belief system BUT theirs, and it is not surprising that this is not done MORE often than it has been, just FOR that reason! They just can't keep sneering at and condemning ALL OTHER RELIGIONS, and not face being the objects of deserved ridicule themselves.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Were you or were you not implying that Brenda's video was not in the wrong because of Witness actions and behavior? That's certainly what it looked like

Why all the nitpicking John?

As far as the video, or anything else an ex jw does at the watchtower's expense,
    short of criminal acts of course, I don't see how we can judge them as right or
    wrong. I wouldn't have done what Brenda did since, as I stated in my post, I
    wouldn't enter a kh anyway, but that doesn't make her wrong for going to the
    memorial and partaking, or for filming it, at least not IMHO.

She was, as I said before, having a bit of fun at the watchtower's expense. If
    you find that juvenile ands tasteless, that's your right. If I find it amusing, that's
    my right. I don't judge you for your opinion, I left my judgemental attitude at
    the kingdom hall when I quit going in 1999.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit