An "Apostate" partakes at the JWs Memorial

by dedpoet 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Pointless, pyrrhic and about 8 minutes too long.

Brenda is pretty though....

tim

• Kaput
    Kaput

These kind of antics accomplish nothing.

'bout the size of it.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I didn't know that there were so many pro'active' Jehovah's Witnesses on this board.

People, grow up.

What Brenda did was therapy. How many posts have there been about the change in JW Blood procedures. How many posts of experiences when the dubs were at your door? Talking about the pedophile issues with a six or seven year old standing next to mom or grandma. Do you think this might cause that little girl or boy to have some type of anxiety attack?

Awhile back there was some postings of a person who recorded his judicial meetings and even went to video tape the final moments. This is not about us lowering ourselves to the JW mentality. It is about showing these idiots that people who leave the JW organization can and do see the problems associated with the organization. We are just showing the world what type of behavior the witness leaders require and the consequenses when those behaviours are not followed.

I applaude Brenda for what she did.

I walked out (very noisily) during one of the service meetings at the hall where I was attending. The following Sunday I was approached by the elder to whom I walked out on and he 'really' wanted to speak with me in private. I told him NO and if he wanted to discuss anything it could be discussed right where we stood. (The back of the hall was full of brothers and sisters) Needless to say he didn't get very far and they have left me alone. They know that I know the real truth. Even the CO is scared to speak to me.

The more these videos come out, the tighter the organization must become to protect itself. The tighter the more cult-like they will show themselves to be. They will isolate themselves from anyone who enters their halls, being afraid of cameras, recorders.

Answer me this. What would the JW community say if this board and all like it just ended? If all apostates would just tuck tail and stay away? Why they would say that it was Jehovah's doing and showing the world that the dubs were right all along. This would embolden them to continue advancing their spiritual agenda.

When they see this video and they will, they will just say that this shows how satan works and the persecution cards will come into play.

WT Leaders will play whatever card is best at the time.

I just like to mix the cards up every once in awhile. It keeps them guessing.

I'd love to see more videos. Not fake and rehearsed. Holding the camera when opening the door when REAL dubs are knocking and film their answer explaining how Jesus is not their mediator or how the holy spirit is present when child molesters are appointed as elders. Then we could read here on the board, the next BOE letter to be read to the congregations regarding how to react when cameras are present at the door. This could also be an Assembly or District Convention part with rehearsed reenactments and the 'how to' explanation 'when cameras are present'.

Just my thoughts. Inbyathread

• Kaput
    Kaput
    When they see this video and they will, they will just say that this shows how satan works and the persecution cards will come into play.

'bout the size of it.

I echo the sentiments of those who found the conduct in the video to be counter-productive. There are certainly many JWs out there who will characterize Brenda's conduct as that of a typical, disrespectful apostate, "like those crazy ones with the signs we see on the way to the convention."

Having said that, I can certainly relate to the feelings Brenda is obviously reacting to. In my youth, I considered far more extreme means of expressing my feelings about the Watchtower, and fortunately never acted any of them out.

Rather than characterizing Brenda's conduct as that of a disrespectful apostate, JWs ought to recognize it for what it really is, the actions of a person who has been harmed by their organization. Common sense should cause them to give an organization that harms others a higher level of scrutiny in response to such harm.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I viewed the video and agree with many of the posters here.

1. It was 8 minutes too long.

2. Brenda was being way too disrespectful - there was no need to smirk, no need for the constant and digusting chewing gum.

3. Maybe she got some therapy from it, but she would not have been counted as of the anointed - just another nutter.

She was free to do what she wanted - many of us will not set foot in a Kingdom Hall again. However she really hasn't done anyone, least of all herself, any favours.

Just my humble opinion.

SAB

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    As a person who has never been a witness I might have sympathized with the JW org if I didn’t know what I do know about them. Some outsiders may wonder, when a person leaves the org this is how they behave?

That was my first thought too when I first seen the video. Sure, it may have been theraputic for her but the route she went was a bit "harsh". I can imagine the minds of the trapped souls in the controlling religion that did see would be more inclined to stay far away from "apostates". This would be one of those examples that my parents would throw back in my face why we as "apostates" are demon controlled because of no respect. Yes, the borg hasn't shown us respect but does that give us a right to show the souls that are trapped in the borg disrespect. We've got to remember that they are trapped.

In my opinion, it would have been enough to sip the wine and nibble on the bread without making more of a scene. (Just IMHO)

• mouthy
    mouthy

As one of those crazy people that Picket the assemblies with signs.ME!!

We do it with scriptures that point out the errors of the WT Bible ...Like when they ADD words or delete them,& may I say David Reed & Penny came FREE because of those" Crazy"people who picket....
    Jesus said to do this in memory of me till I come back.

So my Question is ?if Christ came invisably in 1914.... WHY are they still celebrating the Memorial?????

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

As one who partook twice in the JW memorial, once just before being df'd and once the next year, as a df'd person, but respecting the symbol over the "guest organisation," I find this video hugely embarrassing. And I suspect that even most of those those who will go out of their way to defend it because it's the work of a respected and respectable JWD member feel the same deep down inside.

My advice (however unlikely to be heard) is: quickly delete and forget.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I agree with Narkissos on this one. There's a place for confrontation but this isn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit