An "Apostate" partakes at the JWs Memorial

by dedpoet 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcoTE1Skw8A

This is a video sent to me by Brenda Lee, the author of "Out Of The Cocoon",
    of her partaking of the emblems at the jw memorial last month. Listen out for
    the jw commercial after the ceremony.

• heretic
    heretic

wow i dont think id have the balls to do that.

It would definately freak some people out.

nice

• mouthy
    mouthy

I did watch it ,I also read the book. But my personal opinion is. I didnt agree with the way Brenda did it.
    Can you imagine those JWs who are truly believeing this is a sacred occasion.
    Who truly believe they are sitting at the LORDS table ,KNOWING they have been trained they are not good enough to partake, then this gum chewing person comes & partakes, Not only eating ALL of it Drinking ALL of it ,when scripture leads us to believe that MANY are to share it,
    Was she leaving any for others? NO! I know nobody else would have taken ,But the Symbol of sipping it would have been enough WITHOUT the gum. Yes she had Guts, But I think Paul Blizzards way of doing it was kinder to the people who were watching
    Who am I to pass an opinion? Nobody, just thinking of how I would have reacted in the Kingdom Hall as a JW>>>> Shocked !
    Sorry as usual my two cents
    P.S can anyone tell me why mine kept breaking up????

• ninja
    ninja

I agree with Grace....there are way's and means of getting back at the org....not this way though.....it sort of confirms their views of apostates.....just my opinion

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm with Grace on this too.

Sure, it took guts, but Brenda's whole demeanour seemed to be one of disrespect for other people's feelings - they may be JW's and we may not like them or what they represent very much but at the end of the day, they're still human beings like us. You wouldn't expect a complete stranger to walk into your house and start helping themselves to all the food in your cupboards, why would you want to do something similar to somebody else?

All this behaviour will have done is hurt the individual people (not the org) and possibly reinforced their beliefs about apostates and/or 'worldly' people (depending whether she was known at the cong or not).

Grace - the vid was probably breaking up because it was playing faster than it could load - when that happens, just click the play/pause button and wait for the red line to get near the end then set it playing again

• poppers
    poppers

From what I saw she didn't eat all of it nor drink all of it. The gum chewing, it seems to me, was her way of aggravating them further and really wasn't necessary because she made her point (although I thought it funny). What I liked was how she wiped her nose with her hand just before getting the wine - very telling snub there - wonder if it was consciously done. Youtube - dontcha just love it?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think whats important to note here is that the partaking of the emblems is open to everyone and anyone at the meetings. She sat against the wall and I doubt many people even noticed her.

No doubt it was a bit nervewrecking and healing to do this.

We were made fools of meeting after meeting, surely a little fun at the WT's expense did not kill anyone.

purps

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks sad emo I will try that next time (hug)

• misguided
    misguided

I though it was really funny.

I think her gum-chewing antics might have been to make a point to those there that she was not really considering herself one of the annointed class, and to show that she was just partaking just to make a point of how ridiculous the memorial occasion really is. I think she probably also needed to do some antics to survive the boredom of the talk just to get to the time of the passing of the emblems.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Very tasteless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit