Are JW's generally better than average people?

by JH 299 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, this is a really interesting discussion. Rosalee, honey, you are condescending and patronizing and you are one of those people who make themselves feel "more than" by trying to make others feel "less than." We're all pretty happy where we are. Why are you here? I think that has been asked several times and you haven't answered the question. Why are you posting on this website? If you really truly believed in the WTBTS you wouldn't be sneaking around a site populated with apostates; you'd flee in horror instead. Are you trying to prove something to yourself by putting others down? Are you starting to be uncomfortable with your religion, so you are trying to prove you still believe by flaming the non-believers? Or maybe you're just bored and nasty and want to stir the pot? Are you counting time for hanging out on the JWD?

as for the original question, on the whole I'd say (from 32 years in the org.) that most JWs are pretty nice, but only conditionally and they belong to an organization that is so perfectionist they have to live double lives, which leads to mental illness, or at least a lot of depression. I had good friends in the org., but they abandoned me when I stopped being a JW. No such thing as free will for JWs, no matter what they say.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

JW's are the only religion that implies that 99.9% of the worlds population will be destroyed by God. I absolutley don't think that God wants to destroy the world....that fantasy lies solely with the WTS.

The WTS are the ones promoting the anhilation of everyone but themselves. To say that you are loving, then follow along with the WTS fantasy of world destruction is hypocritical and self deceptive.

Restrangled, commenting on your post to Rosalee, The God of the bible is one to wipe out the whole earth on a hissy fit. So my opinion their preaching the destruction of 99% of the worlds population is very biblical. The bible is even more wacked out than the Wactower.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yeah man!!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hortensia, darling:

Clearly, everything you are supposing is correct, but how does this help the poor girl? She is here for a reason. She needs understanding and support. Were we not all, at one time, apologists? And now, here we are, these marvelous creatures - apostates! Apologist/apostate - a short leap! I don't quite understand why, when we fervently desire that brainwashed JWs exit the bOrg, thus, in time, bringing about it's demise, we attack these poor confused creatures like the very devil!

All together now, let us say the word - TRANSITION.

- see?

• trevor
    trevor

T-TR-TRO-TROLL-TRANSITION

• restrangled
    restrangled

Restrangled, commenting on your post to Rosalee, The God of the bible is one to wipe out the whole earth on a hissy fit. So my opinion their preaching the destruction of 99% of the worlds population is very biblical. The bible is even more wacked out than the Wactower.

jaguarbass....I guess the question becomes...is the most important thing to be gleaned from the bible that God throws hissy fits and will wipe out 99.9% of the worlds population except for the JW's.

Maybe its my UU upbringing, but I don't think that is the all important central theme and message.

r's hubby

• golf2
    golf2

Based on their SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golf

I don't quite understand why, when we fervently desire that brainwashed JWs exit the bOrg, thus, in time, bringing about it's demise, we attack these poor confused creatures like the very devil!

They bring it on themselves. Rosalee's condescension is hard to miss, and if she wants to enter the kitchen, she should be ready for whatever heat may exist therein.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Jh took his rat tail between his legs, and scooted as far away from his thread as he could! (we lost him after page 5) lol

• JH
    JH

Will this thread get up to 9 pages...

Jh took his rat tail between his legs, and scooted as far away from his thread as he could! Jh took his rat tail between his legs, and scooted as far away from his thread as he could!

I'm a thread starter, not an intellectual debater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit