YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just got home from taking sick kitty to the kitty hotel *sniff* I miss her already :-( but she has a lovely big, safe pen to play in with lots of high places and dark corners - her favourites so I hope she settles quickly and doesn't stress out.

Finished packing - what a change from last year which was t-shirts - this year I have fleecy sweaters packed!!

Going to spend the next 3 hours getting a sufficient JWD fix to last me for the week!

Hope all is going well CoCo :-)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Friends!

Forced myself early this morning to get back into the routine of a daily hour-walk. It felt good and I would have kept going on a "walkabout" in the manner of Mick Dundee if I had had breakfast before leaving the house.

I will plan ahead next time.

CoCo

[Stay warm and dry, Emo!]

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Back from my camping trip and looking forward to a long hot bubble-bath and a warm, dry bed tonight!

Parts of the campsite had mini-lakes where the field had flooded but it was fun to see all the kids there making the best of it, some had even brought dinghies to go sailing, the rest were splashing around in their wellies or racing through the pools on their bikes! We had a couple of days of lovely sunshine, and a couple of days pouring rain - Thursday was bad and the site, which was just about drying out ended up flooded again. Staying warm was difficult especially at night, oh and I never encountered so many bugs! Managed to keep those out of my sleeping area though so I didn't get bitten.

I found the week emotionally very challenging, I find camping alone, surrounded by 'happy families' really intesifies my 'aloneness' - I feel a bit of a misfit sometimes, like I'm just tagging along - and yet I know that I was among very good friends who care about me. Such disharmony of feelings :-( Maybe I'd be better avoiding these trips until I straighten out that part of my thinking.

Sick kitty is still in the cat hotel until tomorrow. I haven't phoned yet to check if she's ok. I think she will be though :-)

Walking is something I should do more too CoCo! Maybe I'll start afresh and get a routine whilst I haven't got college work on my mind.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings!

Welcome home, Emo! I'm glad you've arrived home safely, your having adroitly avoided being swept away by a flash flood. I quite understand that aloneness thing all too well; you, at least, had the insight to acknowledge that you were amongst caring friends. We must count our blessings. So many couples I know are in fits perpetually over alleged incompatability and resulting contentions.
    Back to the weather: two Wednesdays in a row we had strangely cool weather and real rain - not verga - that truly reached and dampened us. Then the high temps immediately returned.
    Completed two P.D. James novels last week, THE MURDER ROOM and ORIGINAL SIN, starring Adam Dagliesh. Could not put them down. I take notes while reading, comparing and contrasting British and American language usage [some questions for you later, Emo].

Hope all of you have a great weekend.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Have returned from an exhausting but enjoyable stint of professional cleaning services. Posh surroundings and great perks. More in the offing. The down side is working all night and sleeping during the day. Plus having to reschedule day jobs. No complaints though I thought this was forever in the past.

Think I'll check in with Purps and restrangled and help them with their housework!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good morning all!

No chance of a relaxing Sunday here - I have camping gear to unpack and washing to do, plus a sermon to type and then I go to collect sick kitty this afternoon! It's lovely and sunny but with a cooling breeze. I'm still tired, having become used to sleeping on the ground rather than a comfy bed!

I look forward to the language discussions CoCo, I'll try my best to help! maybe you should take a flight across and help me with my housework too!!

Have a great day all!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Good morning (evening) all!

Emo, glad to hear your camping trip went well and as for feeling alone, I know that feeling all too well {{{{{{{Sad emo}}}}}}}, hope that helps!

CoCo, I used to work night shift myself, in a 24 hour supermarket, loved it! But then I've always been more of a 'night owl' myself, wouldn't help if you have jobs you need to do during the day. Hang in there...

I've just finished the biggest pile of dishes I've seen in a long time. Been wondering where they've all been going, the cupboard was empty. Then Mr. Brinjen decided to clean out his radio shack.... Dumped them inside and went back to his radios. So I get home from work to find them sitting there. I know Mr Brinjen won't be washing them in a hurry, so I've just spent the last 3 hours scrubbing, washing, wiping and cooking tonight's meal (quick stir fry). On top of all of this, our flat mate went out to sea today (prawn season here, will be gone a couple of months) and Mr Brinjen has already managed to lose Flatmate's dog. She disappeared sometime this arvo and no effort from Mr B to look for her. Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Men! Can't live with them, can't shoot them!

Had an interesting conversation with my Uncle on the phone last night. Uncle was raised as a dub but ran screaming back in the 50's when he was a teen in pursuit of a University degree in Electrical Engineering. He was telling me how he remembered all the dubs were convinced armageddon would come in 1954. In fact, that's about all he remembers of them. He hadn't even heard of the Ray Franz scandal (no, we don't talk about these matters much), I happily filled him in, told him of the book CoC. Wonder if he'll read it? We then speculated on how much longer the society can keep the armageddon threat going...

Well, I'm going to bed soon start my new job tomorrow! Training for the first five weeks so I get a nice break from having to serve customers and still get paid . I'll be getting up early so I get back on here for a while. Considering taking my notebook to work with me, get longer break times at this job I may be able to make a couple of posts during lunch, they would have internet access.

Talk to you all soon!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Emo and Brinjen!

A quick hello and thanx for the details of your recent doings! Back in a little bit to "talk" and ....

Greetings and blessings to all!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

All the best in your new job brinjen and thank you for the big hug!

I went to collect sick kitty earlier, she's fine. They were worried she wasn't eating much whilst there but looking at her, I don't think she ate any less than normal. I'm going to switch her to regular 'adult' food just in case. They also quickly discovered her sneaky ways of not swallowing her meds! She can hide them under her tongue and spit 'em back out whilst no-one is looking - for a cat, she's a cheeky monkey lol! The bill was about what I expected too - just over £50 (about $100) for 10 days. Glad to have her home in one piece.

Preached my sermon tonight too - the JW's favourite topic - the end times! I doubt they'd have liked my take on it though!!

Minus the stress now, along with the comfy bed, maybe I'll sleep better tonight!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Greetings and Salutations! Was tied up of late over a major misunderstanding - perhaps more of a muddle. It's all cleared up now.

Sad Emo:

I'm glad you and Kittance are a happy famiglia again. It's hard being away from our loved ones. On your junket did you peruse the Wind's Shadow and make it to the cemetery of forgotten books? And, may I ask, where/what do you preach? Are you a lay minister? If you are free to answer. Thanx.
    Kerb is curb in the US and lavatory is a wash basin or the room where one washes up and may find a toilet, but Ms. James mentions "flushing" the lavatory - ? We wash dishes and you do the washing up - correct? Tyres in Britain get a puncture but here a tire has a flat, or, more seriously, a blowout. Do you still say trunk call for long distance telephone? Not touching something undesirable even with a pair of tongs or bargepole? We say, "I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole." Ad infinitum .................

Brinjen:

Thank you for thoughts on the graveyard shift, a truly apropos title. Hope you got all the man's dishes washed and relocated to their proper home and that you are getting in the groove with the new job. Best wishes and take care!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit