YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

*summer*, I hope all goes well for you and wish you a full and speedy recovery, certainly will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

I'm just listening to a radio talk show - the presenter is an atheist and he's doing a telephone interview with someone from Westboro 'Baptist church' the woman sounds totally cold - it's creepy, *shivers*

We finished panto rehearsals tonight, come Saturday, it's the real thing, it's gonna be very tiring but good

Peace to y'all

• badboy
    badboy

I HAVE LOOKED AT THIS FORUM,WRITTEN AN EMAIL TO INTERPOL.

AMESBURY ARCHER AND AMERINDIAN GENETICS.

• badboy
    badboy

I FORGOT TO MENTION THE STRANGE EMAIL I RECEIVED.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Sad emo...

Thank you much for the good thoughts and prayers.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wishing *summer* the best and a speedy recovery ...

Love,

CoCo

• *summer*
    *summer*

Thank you CoCo for your kind words...

Love...

*summer*

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Today we went to a Gold Country antiques store and viewed some of the most exquisite artifacts from both the Orient and the Occident. Functional art and decorative art were subject to our purview. Individuals who walk through these portals are presented with the opportunity to see, become excited and buy what delights the eye and, if a bargain, the pocketbook.

I believe we made the owner's day ...

CC

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Pantomime

So much allegory to real life

All works out in the end...

1 There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

"Absurd!" says Qohelet. "Everything is utterly absurd!"

• compound complex
    compound complex

Original Question:

Dear Friends,

Much of what we do on a daily basis is routine and of no particular, earth-shaking importance. However, after reviewing letters of family going back to WWII, it is fascinating to read what Dad was doing on board the aircraft carrier in the Pacific on any old day, what Mom was cooking on her ever-steaming range, how I was dealing with the roller coaster of emotion at Bethel [Mom saved all my letters], how Nana wrote that she would not study with the Witnesses [per my request] but 'here are some mittens I knitted for you when you canvass New York with your magazines.'
    Today's thoughts - put into writing - will be tomorrow's "nostalgia."

So, what are you doing now? What are you thinking? PLEASE SHARE!

CoCo le Curieux

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

So far today - I've posted here, treated myself to a full English breakfast at my favourite local eatery, taken sick kitty to see the vet, done the laundry - and managed to hang it outside to dry for the first time in weeks as its been too wet! I've done some website editing and read a bit more here.

The vet was very happy with sick kitty, the meds are still working to keep her heart and circulation going, and she's put on a little weight too (because she pilfers everything out of the other cats dish!). She unfortunately had gingivitis again and her one tooth isn't looking too great at the moment (she's still eating well though so not in pain) the vet has given her an injection of a new drug which lasts for around 2 weeks to save me having to force-feed her more tablets! Hopefully that will do the trick. At her age (around 15) and with the heart condition, I feel surgery is not an option, I'd rather that she was euthanised when she becomes unable to eat than for her to die sooner on the operating table - still we cross that bridge if/when we come to it...

Much has happened the past few days some which I can't go into, some which has happened here and affected me, hence the comparison with pantomime, where people aren't always as they appear, where someone throws a spanner in the works to make life more complicated, with interactions, twists and turns, with relationships - some gone bad while others come good...

...but in reality we don't yet see good conquering evil. Will it ever happen? Will we ever know? Will we even care?

I need a caffeine fix!

Howzat CoCo le Curieux?! How is life treating you at the moment?

A sod me - made so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit