by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Have a wonderful time time ND.

PanG.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Went yard saling today though I'd rather be sailing ...

Started at 5:45 a.m.

What're you up to?

CoCo

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

What is yard saling? Sorry, I am encounting a lot of unfamilar terms on this site. I am off to work. Isn't that what week-end nights are made for? I'ts not so bad.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi, panhandlegirl:

Meant going to a yard sale [saling/sailing: play on words]. Have fun at work. See you later!

Thanks,

CC

• bsmart
    bsmart

Ever hear of a garage sale? if the sale is in the yard..its a yard sale....attending same is going yard sailing. especially if you make a morning of it. With gas prices so high, I don't do it so much these days.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, bsmart, for your thoughts.

My move was easy and gas free - the sale was next door!

When a skier or snowboarder eats it on the slopes and loses all of their gear. If a skier loses his skies, poles, hat, goggles, and anything else, shout "YARD SALE" from the ski lift above him.

[urbandictionary.com]

CoCo Hits the Slopes

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

CoCo, I would have never guessed thats what it meant. I have noticed these yard sales on the highway as I drive home.One particular person keeps one

going all the time. Thanks for the urbandictionary.com site. I will check it out.

bsmart, I used to go to garage sales all the time, but have not been to one in years. I do love to rummage through others peoples things. Sometimes you

find interesting items there.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Thank you, panhandlegirl, for sharing your experiences. I'm not a particular fan of any sort of shopping, but I had a specific goal in mind: outfitting my kitchen. Everything I needed was at this one huge community sale.

We enjoy having you here!

See you later.

CoCo never shops till he drops

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Ocracoke was certainly an interesting place no traffic lights, speed limit 20 because everyone is either walking, biking or riding golf carts. There's a harbor within the island it's very picturesque no chain hotels, restaurants or shops allowed. The outer edge 16 miles pristine beaches nothing is allowed to be built on it. it's a very music and arts community and as you ride around on your golf cart down little streets full of different kinds of houses and local businesses it feels like a different world. We were riding along and had to wait for a duck to finish some personal grooming in the middle of the road as we spoke to him/her we sat in the golf cart talking to the duck and waiting till he/she was good and ready to move. There are local horses from shipwrecks that live on the island and people ride them around to. The place is not primitive there's nice inns to stay at with cable and internet good restaurants with fresh caught fish and plenty of drinks. The businesses care alot about the island cats and at quite a few places there were food bowls for the shop cat. It was a very pleasant weekend.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Monday, 7 May 2012

Wonderful, Nancy!

Thanks for sharing memories of your idyllic weekend with us.

http://www.ocracokevillage.com/

CoCo Wants to Travel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit