YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

It was a late morning for me, but I was off to the clinic at the crack of noon for some blood-letting, tummy rumbling from my overnight fast. Tucked into my knapsack, though, was a container of fresh strawberries for an after-snack. As I exited the clinic, I was happy to see the bus, sitting there, waiting for me.

"Why, thanks for waiting, wasn't expecting personalized car service today", said I to the bus driver. He laughed, and said "I wouldn't have left without you."

I found a place to sit, squeezed in between 2 strollers, complete with toddlers, and dug out my container of strawberries. Oh, man, did I feel guilty, eating those luscious berries as the big eyes followed my every move. Unfortunately, nowadays, one cannot offer treats to other people's kids.

After arriving home, and having a more substantial repast, I was privileged to hear the tap-tap-tapping of a woodpecker who has taken up residence in the backyard. :) ahhhhhh

t

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wishing you well, dear Talesin, given your current medical concerns.

And taking the bus, at that. This helps me put things into perspective as I've often been both ill and without a car. Yet what we need is always provided - somehow. There's no need to stress over the day's roller coaster ride of emotions and uncertainties!

Love,

CoCo

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, life provides enough natural drama, without adding to it by constantly keeping oneself in a tizzy! hehe Nature brings much solace, if we truly seek it.

xo

tal

• compound complex
    compound complex

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Another few days staying at the lake, compliments of good friends ...

How's your day going?

CoCo

• Quentin
    Quentin

Got my "honey do" list out. Even though the paper had yellowed and was crumpled up ( someone tossed it in the trash ), got busy, cleaned kitchen and bathroom. Pooper Scooped backyard ( this had been added to the list in bold red ink ), filled in several cavernous holes dog had dug. Not a fun day, yet a satisfactory one, always feel good after doing a well done task. Will deal with aches and pains tomorrow.

Ended the day sitting in the yard watching the dog chase butterfly's, whilst enjoying an averaged priced Churchill and sipping a glass of my allowed once a week Blue Moon beer. That was the satisfaction part of the day.

About the dog. We obtained her from the City Shelter ( paid $100 for shots and having her spayed ), she was listed as being half Malamute, half Shepard. She is now seven months old, weighs 40 lbs. I suspect she's part wolf. Interacts well with everyone especially Quinn, whom we got the dog for, yet has enough pup left in her to jump on you and slather your face with her tongue. I can see there will be several more months of adjustment in our future.

There is one odd thing she does, give her a rawhide chewie, or Milk Bone she will promptly wander about the yard till she finds a suitable spot and bury it, have never seen a dog do that.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Thanks, Quentin, for that update.

We're glad you're well enough now to get those chores done. I can sympathize with the aches and pains ("I'll think about it tomorrow," to quote Scarlett.).

One of our dogs buried Milk Bones ...

Have a good day, All!

CoCo

• talesin
    talesin

Well, it was a great morning. I had my 'minder' pick me up, and since I had no shopping/chores to do, we grabbed a coffee and drove to the beach (it's great to have a beach in the city). The ocean was a bit rough, but oh so calming. Next, off to physio, and a great workout. My beautiful Blue greeted me upon my return with wet nose kisses, and we had a lovely lunch. Time to watch an episode of "The Tudors", and maybe do a little painting.

t

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

This weekend is mother's day and my mother, my mother in-law and my husbands older sister are coming to visit for the week and so it should be interesting a strange combination of personaliites fortunately we were the only ones who ever where jw's so that will not be an issue. For us everyone is glad we left the org.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

It's 10 o'clock in the am and I am having pizza and Charonnay for brunch.

I finally broke down and bought all the Godfather movies. L asked me if they were in HD but I forgot to check.The Godfather is the best movie ever, better, imo, than Gone With the Wind, although that was the greatest movie

ever made as far as my mother was concerened. I watched the supplements to the GF last night. I did not know that the woman who played Connie was Coppola's sister or that Connie's baby was, in fact, Sophia, Coppola's

daughter. How fantastic. Coppola's father also conducted some of the music in the movie. Today I am watchingthe supplement to "You've got Mail." I think Nora Ephron is a great director. I enjoy knowing how the movie was

made and what went into the decisions for filming certain scenes the way they did. I paid close attention to all the books on the bookshelves shown during the cocktail party scene. I think I have some of the same books on my

bookshelf. I remember noting down all the books shown on the flight Carmen Diez takes on the plane to England in "The Holiday." I bought some of them and already had and have read some of them. I admit to being a

little eccentric but, Oh well, that me.The kids and P are so good about indulding my idiosyncrasies especially when they have to listen to my music or watch these supplements to movies.

I want so much to go to NYC for Christmas and pretend that I am a Newyorker, walking and bumping into people as I make my way through the crowd, my arm filled to the brim with presents as the snow gently falls.

Maybe next year.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Friday, 11 March 2012

Good day to all!

Thank you, Taliesin, Nancy and panhandlegirl.

The beach, in-laws, New York - quite a spread here!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit